Best Jackson on budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jackson on budget

I was wanting to know what the best Jackson is for in the $400 price range.I have been looking at some Jacksons on this site and they are starting to grow on me, but I am on a budget. Also, this guitar is going up against an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and I am a Metal Guy.thanx.

Dk 2 is a good bet 2 hums and a lo pro floyd.You mean you have an epi or its a toss up in what you are going to buy?Remember epi les pauls vary greatly as to what the top is made of so be very careful.My self if you don't need a NEW guitar a 90s Jackson pro would be a great choice.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I would say either a DXMG or a DK2(this one is a above 400$ though).

Comment

I mean its a toss up between the Jackson and Epiphone.If I go with the Epi. it is the LP Standard with a maple top. I would much rather the Jackson so im most likely going to go with that.

Comment

Thank you for using good judgement grasshopper!!!

Comment

and if I did decide to get a used higher end Jackson what are some good models.

Comment

Jackson pros range from bolt ons to neck thrus so what is your preference?A neck thru is a very mid range while a bolt on gives a very lively attack.
              Soloist pro is a good choice neck thru.
              Fusion pros are short scale bolt ons very nice choices
              Stealth models are good if you like a TOM bridge.
              Check out the older catalog posts that should give you some help.

Comment

Whatever I get I want it to have a Floyd, and the neckthru vs bolt on thing ive always thought that no matter what neck thru is better but what do you mean when you say bolt on gives a very likely attack.

Comment

you can find some really good used guitars from the early 90's for around that price. some of the best imports they ever made

Comment

Lively attack.... well a bolt on neck guitar seems quicker to respond to the floyd and to me seems to vibrate harder than a neck thru.JMO you understand.I'm just used to the 80s Jackson and Charvel bolt ons.Now if I was back in a progressive type band (Dream theater etc.)maybe a neck thru guitar for a more mellow smoother type tone.
                    The 90s import Jackson pros were every bit as good as the USA stuff then and a damn site better than the new stuff excluding some of the new stuff like the Bond RR and the COW dinky.And the 90s pros were bolt on or neck thru with different pickup configs I'm sure you could find a nice one in your price range,it might take some effort on your part but would be well woth it.

Comment

BTW neck thru isn't better just different.

Comment

Pick up a Jackson DR3 for $300 to $400 in new condition... dual hums and great sound.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I would go for a pre-2006 DK2 and save some $ in the process

Comment

If you don't mind a Charvel, get a Model 3. I like my Model 3 better than my DK2.
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Dinky XL or, if you want Gibson scale, Fusion XL

Comment

Working...
                              X