Opinions on Fusion EX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Fusion EX?

I just recently started looking for a Jackson or Charvel Fusion - this Forum has been a great help researching the various models. They don't seem to pop up very often - I might have a line on a 1993 Jackson EX - it's the version with a pickguard. I understand from reading past posts that the made-in-USA and import 90-91 Fusion Pro are considered the best in terms of quality, but I was wondering what you all thought of this particular model? The guy's asking $125 - but it's got a slight headstock crack....

Go for it you can bleed thin super glue in the crack and it will be fine.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

it depends on how serious that headstock crack is...

Comment

I prefer the bound ebony MOP Fusion Professionals, and the Hum-/Single Charvel Fusion Deluxe bodies myself. But for that price, it would be hard to beat.

Comment

I agree with you - I much prefer the MOP Pros and the Charvel Deluxe Fusion. I'm not going to gamble on that headstock crack...I'm going to keep looking....

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth
            I agree with you - I much prefer the MOP Pros and the Charvel Deluxe Fusion. I'm not going to gamble on that headstock crack...I'm going to keep looking....
            Even if you buy that one you'll keep looking for another, keep that in mind
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth
              I'm not going to gamble on that headstock crack...I'm going to keep looking....
              I have a Fusion Professional Neck that had a headstock break through the low E tuner. It was repaired when I bought it, and that neck is so much better looking (MOP inlays look incredible with lots of flame) than the undamaged one I also own (MOP inlays are just pearl white, no flame in them), that I think I'd keep the cracked neck over the undamaged one.

I really need to take some pic's of these and post them.

Comment

I'd hold out for a better fusion, the Charvels are available in a bunch of different configurations, HB-S slanted bridge pup, or slanted neck pup, or HB-HB I really like them, and the early Jackson pros are awesome
                left to right; Fusion HH, Fusion Pro, Fusion Plus, Fusion Special
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
                  the early Jackson pros are awesome
                  Got that right! I love the bound ebony/MOP necks on the Jackson Fusion Professionals, but surprisingly the Charvel Fusion necks are excellent as well, even without all of the "eye candy". Really great slabs of rosewood that smokes the stuff being used today. I have a 2002 LP Std, and it's perfect in every respect EXCEPT for the awful chocolate milk colored rosewood fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                    I have a Fusion Professional Neck that had a headstock break through the low E tuner. It was repaired when I bought it, and that neck is so much better looking (MOP inlays look incredible with lots of flame) than the undamaged one I also own (MOP inlays are just pearl white, no flame in them), that I think I'd keep the cracked neck over the undamaged one.

I really need to take some pic's of these and post them.
                    My Fusion Plus also has the break through the low E tuner. The repair is solid though, and I've never had a problem in the years I've owned it.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X