Dk2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2s

I tried one the other day...wow. I already have two DK's but now I think I should have gotten a sustainer model. Do any of you all have one? If so, how do you like yours?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Aw c'mon guys, nobody here has a sustainer?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Nope, I just got a DK2...no "S"...sorry.

Comment

If you've got £500-£600 in your back pocket, why don't you buy one? Cuz I haven't
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've tried one out @ the music shop. It's cool, but I think for me, the novelty of the sustainer system would were off & I doubt I would do much musically with it.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I have one. but the elctronics seem to be bad from the fall it took. It just kinda vibrated wierd. But i have played new ones that were cool and they seemed great. Like having an Ebow built into the guitar and freeing up your right hand at the same time. Very cool I just wish mine worked right. I ended up puttin my extra set of Reflex reds in it but it still buzzes weird. probably cus i had to change to change a cpl of the pots out to make it work. Oh well stuff happens.
            Nice neck tho.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
              I have one. but the elctronics seem to be bad from the fall it took. It just kinda vibrated wierd. But i have played new ones that were cool and they seemed great. Like having an Ebow built into the guitar and freeing up your right hand at the same time. Very cool I just wish mine worked right. I ended up puttin my extra set of Reflex reds in it but it still buzzes weird. probably cus i had to change to change a cpl of the pots out to make it work. Oh well stuff happens.
              Nice neck tho.
              Well that brings up a good point...These things aren't easily repairable, even by a local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                If you've got £500-£600 in your back pocket, why don't you buy one? Cuz I haven't
                They can be had here for under $500US at the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1
                  I've tried one out @ the music shop. It's cool, but I think for me, the novelty of the sustainer system would were off & I doubt I would do much musically with it.
                  Hi Hamner, yeah I hear you but I'm a big Vai fan and I just love the way he manipulates a melody with one while using the whammy bar.

Comment

Here's mine, I had to get rid of those duncan designed crap PUPS. She plays really good. I got this one for $500AUS.

Comment

Nice badams! What pickups did you put in there?

Comment

Looks like this'll be the thread I bring back to life. I was in Guitar Center today and I noticed the DK2 in the Transparent Blue. Very impressive for the price. Then I do research at home and I find out they make this one with the Sustainer.

How does it compare to the PC1 Sustainer?

What is anyone's opinion of the DK series as a whole? Is it worth it?

Anybosy know where I can buy a DK2S? I can't seem to find one at my usual online store haunts. Fuller's has one but it's red.

The reason I'm asking is I was in a hurry and didn't see the DK2 until I was on my way out and the GC is over an hour away from home. Now I really regret not taking it for a spin....

Comment

The PC1 sustainer is better IMO.
                          More responsive than the Sustainiac unit.
                          I've tried the DK2S and it's very nice. It should satisfy your sustainer needs.
                          The DK2 in general is a very well built guitar. Good bang for the buck.
                          -Rick

Comment

wicked_lester - didn't you order a dk2s in trans blue some time ago, or did the order fall through?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah wilkinsi, I have the guitar. I really like it a lot but I've had a couple niggles with the sustainer. Certain strings don't like a couple of the modes...even after setting it up per factory recommendations. I spoke with a Sustainiac rep and he's recommended that I send the PCB board back to them for an "upgrade". I thought they would've had this known issue ironed out on the 2006 models. My buddy's 2005 DK-2S works perfectly...go figure.

I will say that when the sustainer *is* working well on certain strings it's a blast. I guess I need to get off my butt and un-solder that board....something I'm not looking forward to doing. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X