COW Signature - hands on experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COW Signature - hands on experience

Have you tried the Christian Olde Wolbers Signature? I'd like your opinions regarding feel, sound and weight on this model, thanks.

I did a search here, bit nothing useful popped up.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

I'm too lazy to search for my old threads...

feel: My neck is very thick compared to any other Dinky I've owned or played, but it is very comfortable (took me two days to adjust, but then I loved it). It's even thicker than the neck of another COW DK6 I tried in a store. It's a great player with low action and the nice ebony board, no sharp fret ends or anything.

sound: I don't like the EMG81. Never did, and probably never will. Leads sounded nice, but the sound for rhythm is just not my thing. I swapped in a Seymour Duncan Distortion and am happy ever since. Rich unplugged sound, great sustain, and with the Distortion it is totally aggressive plugged in.

weight: it is very light.

All in all I love my DK6, I use it for brutal technical deathmetal and it is all I hoped for when I ordered it.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks shadowcat! You must be the only one here with a COW - i guess it's not very popular. Thick neck and very light weight, eh?... that's good news.
      I'm guessing you have it tuned down? How much down and how does it cope with that? I'm thinking, with the reverse head and no top lock, the extra low E string length could maybe result in a very loose and flabby feeling E string or?

Good to see the extra battery route for quick access:

Henrik

Comment

I have my DK6 tuned down to B standard because our other guitarist uses sevenstring guitars. I use .056 D'Addarios... feels just like .010-.046 strings with a low B attached.
        Is it flabby? I can't really tell... my other guitar for this band is a DKMGT which also has a reversed head. I used my JS30WR for a short period, but it didn't really feel different. And it works for me, but I have kind of a light touch.
        I think with a floyd it might be to flabby, but I don't use floyds, so...

And I use the battery compartment to store plectrums, since the battery has gone with the EMG.

BTW, our JCFer Widowmaker has both a DK6 and DK7, and I think we're not the only ones.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have a COW but it has been "put up".Its a great playing guitar light in weight,the EMG is ok not my choice for a guitar of this caliber.The neck is a tad thick but thats not a bad thing,it works well with the ebony board.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I messed around with the search engine a bit and found more posts on the COW, so thanks (Widowmakers too).
            Henrik

Comment

Working...
            X