Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar! Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, 24 fret RR :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar! Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, 24 fret RR :)

Finally I got it! Jackson Stars RR-J2SP.

Here are some pics (ok, they suck, I know ):

And some pics of me rocking out:

Delivered today at 7.00 AM, opened the package and played it on spot for about 2 hours.
    You probably know specifications by now....24 frets, binding, ebony & MOP sharkfins, neck-through, schaller floyd, compound fretboard radius,....
    Pickup is EMG HZ3, sounds pretty weak but with EMG PA2 preamp it actually sounds good and I like it. Totally different than EMG 85 on my Jackson RX10D, a bit clearer too. I have a J90c lying around and will probably test it to see if I like it better. What I don't like is the hum that PA2 produces when turned on, actually the pickup only has more hum than EMG85 on same settings and volume. Anyone else has this problem? Would some minor additional shielding help?
    Neck is really fast and comfortable, I really like painted neck. Dimensions are pretty much the same as those found on RX10Ds, DXMGs, don't know for other models. Looks a bit thicker than on my RX10D, but that's probably just optical illusion cause of the binding and paint. Access on higher strings and frets is really good! I was a bit sceptical about that, cause
    X10D really sucks on this (RRs generally have more limited access than Soloists IMO), I could barely do a 5 strings minor arpeggio starting on 14th fret on 5th string when standing up with RX10D, but with RR-J2SP it goes smooth as a hot knife through butter! I can move my fingers few frets up and still reach everything . Action is set about 1mm at 12th fret at the moment and no buzzing at all! Still possible to go lower I think! For reference, RX10D buzzes as hell with this action compared to RR-J2SP. Schaller floyd is much better as JT580lp aswell.

Now gotta go and set it up with 11-49 strings.

Will post some better pics after I clean and set it up!

great score, congratulations.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Congrats on the new Rhoads!! Phooey for cutting off the headstock on most of the pics!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very cool, congratulations on a sweet guitar!! But what's up with that Ibanez strap, haha!?
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
          But what's up with that Ibanez strap, haha!?
          Ha, I knew someone would have complaints on that, I just put on the first strap that got under my hands.

Comment

Wow, congrats on that nice guitar!

So where did you finally got that one from?
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
              So where did you finally got that one from?
              you probably won't believe me, but I found with google in one Japanese guitar store. just did a search for "j2sp" and went through all resuts .

Comment

You look like the frontman for Bullet For My Valentine. But with a nicer guitar i really want one of them
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious
                  You look like the frontman for Bullet For My Valentine. But with a nicer guitar i really want one of them
                  That's what one chick that I know told me too. That I look like that guy from BFMW.

Comment

fuckin BITCH!!!

kolko si placal? s cem si placal, etc etc etc

o... ebay... mas paypal? katera banka, ali mas preko kreditne?

aja.. pa od kod si.. nisi slucajno iz MB

in zakaj nisi v tolminu haha
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Another Slovenian here .

Well, I bought it used, paid with bank transfer. I don't have a paypal. I'm from Murska Sobota.

Why am I not on Metal Camp? Cause bands playing this year suck! Not all of them, 2 or 3 are maybe worth seeing, certainly not worth paying full ticket price! And I'm also almost broke now that I got that guitar .
                      Last edited by Nazgul; 07-22-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

>_<

nevermore and opeth alone are worth it!!

MS ... hmm... you werent by chance at the nevermore gig last october, were you? you look kinda familiar

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                          >_<

nevermore and opeth alone are worth it!!

MS ... hmm... you werent by chance at the nevermore gig last october, were you? you look kinda familiar
                          Nope, I don't listen to that kinda music. I listen to underground black metal and brutal death metal/grind more or less only.

Comment

ah... allright

well.. you should LOL

you still didnt answer me how much you paid for it w/ shipping and customs

Comment

Sweet!
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X