Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar! Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, 24 fret RR :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one! Congrats.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

More pics as promised:

And a headstock pics for Ron :
      Last edited by Nazgul; 07-23-2006, 03:50 AM.

Comment

That´s a very clean and cool-looking guitar.
        Love it

Comment

Finally you got it man! Congrats! It looks awesome! How long did it take for shipping from Japan to Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
            Finally you got it man! Congrats! It looks awesome! How long did it take for shipping from Japan to Europe?
            Exactly 7 days. It would be 6, but I had to send invoice to custums and that took 1 day.

Comment

I have a question for you guys... That axe looks frikking sweet, but I looked up the prices for the Jackson Stars range... their version of the KE2 pretty much costs the same as a USA Select... So why would you go to the trouble of importing a 'Stars?

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                I have a question for you guys... That axe looks frikking sweet, but I looked up the prices for the Jackson Stars range... their version of the KE2 pretty much costs the same as a USA Select... So why would you go to the trouble of importing a 'Stars?
                Where did you look up for prices? Their website? Prices on their website are MSRP. For real prices check out:
                http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...=1&page_cnt=48
                And it's cheaper (even after the custums and shipping) if I buy their version of RR1, SL1, DK1, KE2, whatever than buying the Jackson USA. You can save up to 550$ with Stars and you get same feature (even more options on Stars - floyd, schaller, kahler, tunomatic or strings thru; duncans or EMGs....) the quality is probably same also (didn't try US ones yet, but RR-J2SP is a dream to play).

I wanted a 24 fret, rearloader, 1 hum, mop sharkfins & ebony, necktrough guitar. It was either this or a Jackson CS. I bought this and don't regret a thing, plays 1000 times better than the RX10D.
                Last edited by Nazgul; 07-23-2006, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                  Ha, I knew someone would have complaints on that, I just put on the first strap that got under my hands.
                  Hehe, I couldn't resist, didn't mean anything by it!
                  Besides, I'm not the one to talk, I have an Ibanez guitar standing here!
                  (An old Les Paul though, but anyway, hehe)
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Naz-

I'm glad that the guitar got to you safe, and that you like it. When I played it, I couldn't get it to balance well in a sitting position, and I didn't want to put a strap on and risk bumping into things before shipping it off to you

I've got a Schaller Floyd on my Grover Jackson Soloist, and ithink that it's an excellent trem (OFR's on all of my other guitars).

Rock on, dude
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Schaller is a great trem indeed. Doesn't go out of tune no matter how much I abuse my whammy bar. One thing I noticed though, is that the recess for it is pretty shallow...I can bend a note with it for only 3/4 step. My jt580lp goes much higher. Is that normal or is it just because I have my trem set-up pretty low...upper edge of the baseplate is about 0.5mm above the guitar body.
                      Last edited by Nazgul; 07-23-2006, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Now with that guitar you are a, pravi roker.

Comment

Originally posted by 24seven
                          Now with that guitar you are a, pravi roker.
                          You're from Slovenia too?

Comment

..no, England.

Comment

Nice guitar!!! ENJOY

Comment

Killer! Congrats...

Only thing i don't like is the "stars" thingy in the headstock.
                                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X