Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar! Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, 24 fret RR :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, allright. Sounds promising I guess :P Saves like 70 bucks to not have to go semi custom

Comment

awesome!! I love the specs!!
      congrats bro!!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtma
        Hmm, allright. Sounds promising I guess :P Saves like 70 bucks to not have to go semi custom
        and cuts waiting time for about 3-5 months .

Comment

Yes indeed. But it would be too bad if you ordered one and got a striped ebony fretboard....

Are you able to record something with it? I am very intrested in how it sounds with and without the PA2 enabled.

Comment

I have some stuff recorded...but only with PA2 on, I rarely play with it off, cause HZ3 on it's own is very weak. Onlydownside is that PA2 hums really bad when the volume is turned very high. When you're in band situtation and you have it on and the song stops it really hums bad, you better turn it off then. But you can set how much boost you want with the trim pot on PA2 inside the electronics cavity and the more boost you have the more it hums. I have it all the way up :P.

Give me few minutes to upload videos...

Comment

here are two videos:
              Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

If you want, I can record something more rhythm with and without PA2, but it won't be until tomorrow.

Comment

That's some nice playing
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Thanks! I still want to improve my shredding for about 50% though. It's improving really slow at this point.

Comment

Cool! What amp do you use?

Okay, that would be great!

Comment

Crate gx130c head through a 2x12 cab with Celestion gt12-75s. I was really surprised by the lead sound of the guitar through that amp. Sounds much warmer and less solid state than my jackson rx10d with emg85 at the bridge which is really cold and sterile sounding btw.

Comment

Allright. Sounds pretty decent, nothing special although I can't tell I expected anything else with HZ (H3) and a solid state amp :P Stupid to put in an HZH3 in it anyway? Ok if it had been an Alexi signature (even if he uses HZH4) but wtf... Seymour Duncans with black plastic covers ftw.

I do can tell you that I am fucking jealous at you! I take a look at the pics like 10 times a day :P

How's the other videos going?

Comment

Surprisingly the HZ3+PA2 setup sounds a lot like his old Jacksons (J50BC+JE1000). I don't really know why he uses HZ4 in his ESP signature. I think I read somewhere that he decided to go with HZ4 cause he thought it sounded more like J50BC (which is not true IMO).

I do can tell you that I am fucking jealous at you! I take a look at the pics like 10 times a day :P

I remember staring at pics of this guitar 10 times a day when one other JCF member got the same guitar . He got banned later for trying to sell it here.

How's the other videos going?

I tried to record something but the difference is not really audible. Power chords sounds pretty much the same when recorded. In reality, big difference is when you palm mute notes. Without the PA2 it sounds really weak. Think about it as using medium output pickup vs. high output pickup. Also tapping, harmonics etc. are easier to do when PA2 is on.

Comment

Really? Yeah the J50BC is obviously a weak pickup. I'm not a fan of his tone but I'm a fan of Children of Bodom back in the good old days with Alexander.

Why he h*ll did he get banned trying to sell it?

Allright, well, guess I'll just have to imagine until the time I can buy one for myself

Comment

I'm a fan of COB's first 3 CDs. I really like the tone on first album too!

He got banned vause he was still a junior member and didn't have an access to the classifeds section of this forum....read the rules .

Comment

Yes the three first albums are indeed the best ones. Hatebreeder and FTR are the most "tr00" CoB albums but SW has this neoclassical touch to it which I like.

Oh, that's wicked. I thought it were something like violations of the copyright laws to try to sell a Jackson Stars in the US. America and their strange laws you know...

Pretty offtopic.......

Will you put that J90 in it and try? I expect a video/soundclip then!

Comment

Working...
                                X