Neck Thru Kelly Pro Project Finished PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Thru Kelly Pro Project Finished PICS

The Kelly Pro is finally done. Here is the before pics. I got it totally stripped, from RobRR. It had been passed around like a bachelor party hooker. Someone had to finish this guitar up.

A friend painted it orange and black for me. The logo is a sticker from Best Decals. It is under the clear.

Machine haeads, truss rod cover and pickup rings courtesy of Dave(Budman68).

I put a JB in the bridge and a dp151 in the neck. That's what I had laying around for now. It plays and sounds great. The paint job is not Jackson quality, but it is very nice for a player guitar.

Thanks for looking.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

The logo is great.. I really liked it :P

Comment

Even if the paintjob isn't Jackson quality, it does look AWESOME in the pics! Really tasty axe there! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
        Even if the paintjob isn't Jackson quality, it does look AWESOME in the pics! Really tasty axe there! Congrats!
        Thank you. Don't get me wrong. The paint is nice. It is really smooth and slick on the neck too. It just doesn't appear as "thick" as a Jackson or GMW paint job. There are a few slight blemishes from the humidity the day he sprayed the clear. Nothing to write home about though, especially for what he charged me.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott

Comment

I think this one came out really great! Nice touch with the logo and the black back of the headstock.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Badass.....I like the stinger on the headstock, matches the bevels nicely.

Todd
              Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Thanks guys. I originally thought that the stinger would be too much, but I am glad I went with it. Overall I am happy with it. The trem could use a bit of a cleaning. This thing hasn't had strings on it in years, to the best of my knowledge. I wanted to get it strung up and tuned to pitch to make sure there were no larger issues.

Seems ok so far.
                Scott

Comment

I think it's gorgeous. You don't see too many orange guitars, and looking at this one makes me wonder why not.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Looks awesome, Scott!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is killer!! I love that paint.

Comment

WOWOW! That turned out great, Scott!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome to finally see it finished, congrats to a killer looking guitar!!!
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Great job, the two-tone contrast throughout is classy!
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments. I don't know why this color combo isn't more popular either. It seemed to work well for Harley Davidson and Mopar back in the day.:ROTF:
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X