Question about my DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wicked_lester
    I see that the Warmoth site's OFR has a block length of 37mm. The Schaller is longer at 43mm. Do you guys know the length of the short block? I have a machinist's scale here but it's 'murkan.
    32 mm

Comment

Wait a minute I've read on this board that the OFR was a drop-in replacement on the DK2...Also, I don't see anything on warmoth's site about "block" size differences.
      It's a direct drop in as in the trem posts are spaced the same.
      You do not have to pull the stock posts, they will work just fine for the OFR.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by slash
        32 mm
        Thanks slash, does anyone here know where I can find an OFR with the short block? I've done a google search but I'm not having much luck.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I tried looking for one too, lester, but never found one. Seems they all come with the 37mm block.
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey
            I tried looking for one too, lester, but never found one. Seems they all come with the 37mm block.
            Thanks man...I guess I'll just order it and do whatever I gotta do.
            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks man...I guess I'll just order it and do whatever I gotta do.
              Well, if you're a lil' more patient than I was, you can also order the 32mm block separately and swap it out. Check out guitarpartsdepot.com for it.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey
                Well, if you're a lil' more patient than I was, you can also order the 32mm block separately and swap it out. Check out guitarpartsdepot.com for it.
                They only have the 37mm and the 42mm.
                I checked already. 32mm blocks appear to be a real PITA to find.
                -Rick

Comment

The 37mm block will work just fine. I just ordered two black OFR's from Warmoth and put one in a DK2 with no problem. You'll have a little extra space at the upper part of the trem cavity because of the different plate dimensions of the 580LP vs OFR but it's no big deal and works perfect.
                  Good deals with:
                  Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by srommes
                    The 37mm block will work just fine. I just ordered two black OFR's from Warmoth and put one in a DK2 with no problem. You'll have a little extra space at the upper part of the trem cavity because of the different plate dimensions of the 580LP vs OFR but it's no big deal and works perfect.
                    Thanks, ordered it yesterday.

Comment

Also, if you MUST have a 32 mm block, you can just take the block off of your JT580LP and put it on the OFR. I did this to the Schaller I bought for my RR, and while I'd prefer to use an OFR brass block, it worked really fine.

Comment

Hi sunbane, yeah man I was wondering if I could do that but hopefully I can use the original block without any problems.

Comment

Got it in today...it's installed and everything seems to fit fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X