Jackson Japan Serial Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Japan Serial Numbers?

Does anybody know if there are any Jackson serial number charts for MIJ Jackson's? I am interested in identifying serial number 032478.

no, there aren't. What sort of guitar is it? Can you describe it or post a pic?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Japan serial numbers start with 96 ot 97 IIRC. This must be an Indian or something.

Is there are a J in front of that serial? It can be 90s Japanese Professional seried guitar then. Very good guitars!

Comment

too bad no such list exists. i just got quoted £399 for a supposed 2006 dxmg amongst a wall of what were obviously NOT 2006 versions (dkmg in minging 2005 cbs, ke3 in eds, etc).
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It appears to be a pre 2006 SL-3. I know that it is not a 2006 because it has the JT580LP bridge and has also been hanging on the wall at GC for at least one year. I started another post a couple of days ago asking what model it might be and all of the people who replied seemed to think it is a MIJ SL-3, though it has no markings on it indicating MIJ. GC originally had it tagged as a "Shannon Soloist", and wanted $999 for it, but when I pointed out that it appeared to be a standard MIJ SL-3 with the standard MIJ Maple veneer flame finish, Duncan JB and Hot Rails PUPS, and JT580LP bridge, they retagged it as a "Japan Custom Shop Soloist", but still were asking $999. After having sat on the wall for almost a year, they now have it on clearance for $579, which is not bad for a mint condition SL-3. The reason I started this serial number post is because I figured that if I could confront GC with a serial number chart proving that it was a Standard MIJ SL-3, then I might be able to get a few more bucks knocked of the price.

Is it possible that they could just be a little mixed up and that it is really some kind of limited edition color or something? I have never before seen an SL-3 in this color. It is flame maple veneer in a reddish, brownish, orangeish, copperish type of color that is kind of hard to describe, but very nice. It has chrome hardware.

Comment

i'm not sure about the usa, but in the uk, retailers are always trying to pull a fast one. if trading standards agencies visited these guitar shops in order to kerb breach of the trade descriptions act and sale and supply of goods act on a regular basis, either buyers would get a better deal or the uk would have half the retailers that exist now.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It sounds like an SL3 from your description. A pic would help or did i miss soemthing? The Import trem would be the clue to it being japanese. The color your desribing sounds like Burnt cherry burst. Which is a bit darker then the US ersion of the BCB color It almost looks too brown but still a cool finihs. It was a production color for a few years. So no it's not a custom shop guitar from the US of Japan ut just simply an SL3-BCB IIRC they sold for about 999.99 new about the same range as the SLSMG depending on the color. Great guitars but 500 is mor elikeit for a late 90s SL3 in mint condition. Less then mint well obvioulsy less.
              Gil

Comment

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                  Japan serial numbers start with 96 ot 97 IIRC. This must be an Indian or something.

Is there are a J in front of that serial? It can be 90s Japanese Professional seried guitar then. Very good guitars!
                  Indians have 9 or 10 numbers, this one has 6.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                    Indians have 9 or 10 numbers,
                    8 or 9 I thought

I notice recent JS series ser#s begin with the year, ie

2005xxxx
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      8 or 9 I thought

I notice recent JS series ser#s begin with the year, ie

2005xxxx
                      I'm pretty sure Japanese-made models have 6, 7, and 8 numbers, with Indians having 9, 10, and 11 (eventually) numbers.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The import neck-throughs have a 6 digit serial, don't they? So the serial Ricey provided would be consistent with an SL-3. A MIUSA would have four numbers and a letter prefix, right?

Anyway, the japanese custom Jacksons say "Jackson Stars" on the headstock. This is just an SL-3.

Comment

Sorry if I'm going too off-topic now, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what the serial number on my Charvel means? I've been told it's most likely a Japanese "Standard", but I'm curious as to wich year it's produced etc. If I should post this somewhere else just let me know ok?

The serial number seems to be 02040066.

Thanks in advance for any help/hints!
                          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

My 90's Sl-3 has 6 digits aswell. That seems like a good price but maybe if you go in there with cash you could haggle and get it for less.

Comment

I have one Jackson king V that I know nothing about other than made in Japan, I bought it in mid-2000. it's the same guitar that I've posted in another thread, looking for trem arm. the serial number on the bolt-on plate is 9636947.https://ibb.co/T4ZG3hj
                              Last edited by Megametal7; 05-10-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X