How do duncans sound in a DXMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do duncans sound in a DXMG?

I have a 81/60 set right now in my DXMG and for rhythms it kills but i am not all the that happy with the lead tones?
    I was looking for a more PAF type tone for the leads and still be able to keep the emg 81 type tightness and agression for rhythms
    is the duncan custom a good choice for this
    I would like to stay away from the JB heard one in a DK2M and did not care for it
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

You hit the nail on the head with the Custom. My Jackson mutt is a DXMG body with a DK2 neck. I installed a Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck which was recommended by my good friend and forum member, LesPaulCustom. Incredible combination! The Custom sounds fantastic in the alder body!!! I say go for it.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

LOL, the Custom sounds fantastic in anything!!!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You're probably right, zeeg. I also have one in my Epi LPC which also kicks ass!!
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Try a duncan distortion(neck) and a duncan custom in the bridge.I know that sounds wrong but it works in DKMG very well.The DD in the neck will give a very smooth paf tone believe it or not.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I use a Seymourizer in the neck. It works good. It weighs in at a little over 12K, the Custom is over 14K, so I don't think there is anything wrong.

I haven't tried to get a smooth PAF tone out of mine yet - I'll have to try that.

Comment

I have the new Mustaine signature actives in my DKMG and they sound great. Great rhythm tone plus a lively lead tone (not at all sterile like the EMG's). When my DKMG had the EMG-HZ pickups it sounded IDENTICAL to my DXMG so I'm guessing that the Mustaines would too.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I always wanted to hear what the DM pups sound like, with me being a big fan of megadeth. Right now I got a ke2...so you know what's in those...

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

IIRC they are hz-3's
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

i'm beginning to wonder what my 2005 WRMG would sound like if i swapped out the hz's for the duncans used by the WR1. Would need the controls swapping too.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        LOL, the Custom sounds fantastic in anything!!!
                        +100

I've got one in my ash Jackson Stars Soloist and also in my poplar MIJ Charvel Dinky, and the pickup kicks ass in both
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

i tried a few duncans over the last week or so (DD,JB,customs) and yeah they sound real good but the dimarzios seem to sound a bit punchier and warmer to me
                          i got a air zone and a air norton and these are great in alder
                          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
                          X