The bridge on my DKMGT Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bridge on my DKMGT Dinky

Is really high. I have to keep it this high in order to keep the strings from slapping the frets. Its a nice low action but the height itself is rediculous. I know this is a 600 dollar instrument only, but it shouldnt be as difficult to play as a 50 dollar guitar. Ive seen on Carvins and USA Jacksons the string thru bridge on the body of the guitar so the angle is less dramatic. Is this only because it is a cheaper guitar or is something wrong with my neck? It is rather difficult to play at times. Is anyone elses model like this?

This is how mine is.

Its higher than my jacksons with recessed trems but similar to my surface mounted trem charvels. I do wish the pickups went up higher. They are maxed out with like 1/2 inch to the strings. Other than that this height does not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff
      I do wish the pickups went up higher. They are maxed out with like 1/2 inch to the strings. Other than that this height does not bother me.
      Put some foam or a little piece of wood under the pickup if you need them higher.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
        Put some foam or a little piece of wood under the pickup if you need them higher.
        They arent direct mounted. They are in pickup rings and the screws are turned all the way in compressing the springs all the way. I guess I could also cut the springs shorter or get a taller pickup ring. I think if I take it apart I might just change out the HZs anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=Carbuff]This is how mine is.

and i thought it was only trem guitars that are awkward to dust around..
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

yea mine might be a tad higher than that. it just bothers me because I like playing fast. my ibanez with a fixed bridge plays faster than the string through for some reason. im more comfortable on the fixed bridge i think

Comment

It's normal with an angled back neck like that, like a Les Paul. My string-thru Dinky HX is like that. I prefer the feel like that, since it puts the strings higher off the body and gives you more room, IMO. Playing fast has nothing really to do with bridge height.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love my Jacksons and wouldn't give them up for anything (except more Jacksons ) but I am firmly convinced that Jackson cannot do a tuneomatic properly on anything except a Rhoads, and I do not know why.

I've had several TOM'd Jacksons and they simply do not feel right except for the 4 RRs I've had.

I wish they'd get it figured out, though.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My DKMGT is like the picture above. It looks normal to me though higher than a FR it is the same to me as a Les Paul.

If You'll notice, the set of you neck is probably angled more on the guitar in question than on a FR equiped guitar. I also have a DKMG -with a FR- and the set of the neck is different though the 2 guitars are identical in every other way.

Comment

Working...
                  X