No announcement yet.

Limited edition of DK2M... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do wonder why it is 300$ more than a regular DK2M? The flame graphics are not worth the added cost.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

My opinion is that it is very nice, but way too much $. If I had 1K burning a hole in my pocket, I'd find a USA Jackson used to buy.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If that thing had a mahogany body, I'd........ it would have a mahogany body

It sure is nice. Very close to my imaginary custom shop.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I really dig the look of that axe but at that price who is going to actually buy it?
          I'd want better hardware all round for that price tag.

Comment

Agreed, better hardware and better pickups for that kind of price. And I would like to see better pictures first. For some reason I envision this red ghost flame being close to (but not exactly like) the quality you would get with a USA. Kind of like the pile of skulls import version compared with the USA version. Close but it's not a Dan Lawrence quality!

Comment

Due 09-08-2006
              Looks cool, but not $1k cool.
              Pic shows a real SD pup. Looks like the description is just a tad off.
              -Rick

Comment

That was a first proto....final version is dark metallic red with red ghost flames and looks totally awesome.

Hand painted graphic, real Seymour Duncan pickups, compound radius fingerboard, and made in Japan hand craftsmanship.

Competing models at this price point are Korean made with solid finishes.

That's why the customer selling these jumped all over it - they know that it is a smoking guitar with great features for the price.

Comment

Put a full size Strat body on it, and maybe!
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

It gets even better!?!

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
                    That was a first proto....final version is dark metallic red with red ghost flames and looks totally awesome.

Hand painted graphic, real Seymour Duncan pickups, compound radius fingerboard, and made in Japan hand craftsmanship.

That's why the customer selling these jumped all over it - they know that it is a smoking guitar with great features for the price.
                    SIGN ME UP!!!!!
                    I love the MF pic, but what you're describing is better yet. I am ready to buy one as soon as they are available. Can't wait!

Comment

That's pretty accurate from what I've been seeing. I think a lot of people still hold the used `90s Pro or USA prices as the standard, and as much as most Jackson enthusiasts want to find that killer minty Pro with MOP, binding and Schaller trem for $500, the supply is dwindling and prices are going up. Speaking personally, I won't shell out $1000 for a guitar unless it's exactly what I want, and the limited red flame DK2M is NOT that guitar...but it proves to me that what I want could realistically be built with a $1000 street price. My trans black DK2M is amazing, and while I'm glad I got it for a great price, it would still be an awesome value for $200+ more compared to what the competition is pushing out of Korean and Chinese factories.
                      sigpic

Comment

while I am not arguing that it's a kickass guitar, it's still way too much (for me)

what sucks even more, you gotta pay extra if you want to get it in europe...
                        which sucks the life out of every deal imaginable
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA
                          I do wonder why it is 300$ more than a regular DK2M? The flame graphics are not worth the added cost.
                          It's also missing a neck pup, so the cost should also be lower!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion jcmktgguy! Do you know if only MF will be able to sell that guitar or it will be possible to order it from any Jackson dealer?
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Hmmmm, I think I've seen something like this somewhere before......lol....

Comment

hey yea!!
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X