Limited edition of DK2M... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genebaby
    Hmmmm, I think I've seen something like this somewhere before......lol....
    I was waiting for that! You were ahead of your time!

Comment

One detail that I LOVE about this and seriously hope they don't change is the way the flames fade into the cutaways without leaving a highly visible "blob" shape there.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver
        I was waiting for that! You were ahead of your time!
        Tell me about it!! And my timing sux, cause just before I saw this thread, I spent my time cleaning out my PM box, and I deleted a PM from John (jcmktgguy) asking about my guitar, and now I can't re-read it.

I've been a bit busy so I haven't posted the end of the saga, but here's a sneak peak at the guitar in question the other day. Not the best photograph, it's hard to get both the graphic and the fretboard looking good for a camera. When I get around to it I'll update my site with pics of how it was fixed and better ones of it finished.

I am actually blown away at the similarities of my guitar and this one....again, sorry for the crappy pic, better ones will come another time.

Comment

This is.... not fair. In earlier DK2M threads, I specifically whined about the fact that it should have: head a rev headstock and one hum. You can go back and look!

To top it off, my standard DK2M in white, which I ordered on July 6th, is out for delivery TODAY. Nice. Still excited about the guitar, but man... my $1k un-touched MF card is screaming to be used right now.

Comment

I am actually blown away at the similarities of my guitar and this one....again, sorry for the crappy pic, better ones will come another time.

Very nice guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I dub this new import, the DK2MV

Comment

beautiful I may have to grab one myself...............
                “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

I already bought a DK2M, and now you guys torment me with this!
                  Seriously if that was available around the time that the DK2M was first coming up, or if I had known these would surface, I woulda been tempted.. I could care less about reverse/forward headstocks or one-hum vs. two or whatever, the red ghost flames is just killer though.

Ah well, I got a killer freakin guitar that has everything I want, and it's not the end of the world that I got crimson swirl instead of ghost flames. Just the existence of this has made my day though

Comment

I dub this new import, the DK2MV
                    Shouldn't it be The DK2GMWV?
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
                      That was a first proto....final version is dark metallic red with red ghost flames and looks totally awesome.

Hand painted graphic, real Seymour Duncan pickups, compound radius fingerboard, and made in Japan hand craftsmanship.

Competing models at this price point are Korean made with solid finishes.

That's why the customer selling these jumped all over it - they know that it is a smoking guitar with great features for the price.

Will it have an OFR trem? If so I'm buying!!

Comment

no ofr it has a liscensed by floyd..
                        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

No OFR, it is even more overpriced. I am not downing the guitar itself, just the price for what you get. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm
                            Shouldn't it be The DK2GMWV?
                            Um....NO!!

Comment

I was wondering if they went for the same finish options of the DK2M on this guitar whether the price would actually be cheaper than the DK2M as there is 1 less Duncan pickup @$99 retail. Everything else is the same besides the reversed headstock, and we all know there isn't an upcharge for that, as there would be $600 JS series if that was the case.

This is basically the guitar I was fully expecting the DK2M to be as well as what I was hoping the DK2LE "could have been" even though I still bought one of those. Just hoping the price is due to the Ghost flame paint scheme which I am NOT a fan of. I like simple finishes on great guitars, and reasonable prices. With this in Snow white, I'd say somewhere around $500-$550 street price. $1000 is going to be a hard sell.

Comment

Don't forget the painted headstock.

Comment

Working...
                                X