Question about Soloist SL4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Soloist SL4

I hadn't heard of the SL4 model until recently, and found one out on the bay.

I asked for the serial number, but have been able to find a place to verify its legitimacy.

Does this look legit to you guys? (serial 004214)

How do the jap made soloists compare to the usa's?

Best Regards,

Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Made in Japan. Not as well built as the Soloist Pro from 1990 - 1994 but still pretty good.

See this thread also: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56262
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They look ok, but I think I'd rather have a Model 6 over one of those. If I were hell bent on a Jackson import Soloist, I'd try to find an early 90's pro.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

One other thing … seller only has 1 feedback. Yep, we all have to start somewhere … but be wary of buying high cost items from someone with little or no feedback (& even when they have lots of good feedback looking like 100%, check that it’s not all cheap stuff like $2 Cd’s!) … eBay is great, but know the risks.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiddles
          One other thing … seller only has 1 feedback. Yep, we all have to start somewhere … but be wary of buying high cost items from someone with little or no feedback (& even when they have lots of good feedback looking like 100%, check that it’s not all cheap stuff like $2 Cd’s!) … eBay is great, but know the risks.

Ian.
          Hey, good point, Thanks !
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

The SL4 is a great guitar. I've had 2, still have 1. If you want a 22 fret, neck-through Soloist, the SL4 is your axe. They do have rosewood boards, plastic inlays and no binding, if any of that bothers you.

The only real downside to the SL4 is the nut is a bit wide for the neck, so the high string slips off the edge of the fretboard. But you can swap in a replacement nut and solve that problem very easily.

Comment

+1

The sound and playability of mine is just as good as my USA SL1. Obviously it doesn't look as good as it has the fake MOP and no binding but, the the actual craftsmanship of mine is FLAWLESS...(better than my SL1)

hear are some pics.

Comment

that's great! excellent guitar
                everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

nice axe great finish.....
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Working...
                    X