JT580 vs JT500 Floyd Rose Licensed Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam
    There was also the JT580LP '94 (which was only available that year), that had a square baseplate as well...
    Out of interest, can you point to something on the net or a catalog perhaps, where the "JT580LP '94" designation is used - for verification?

I'm not questioning you Joe, not the slightest, I'm just aksing for something to see with my own eyes.

Are you perhaps referring to the tremolo in the picture below, as being a JT580LP '94? I'm pretty sure it's a JT-570 Single Locking:

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

the ONLY thing i like about the JT 500 is that the schaller and OFR were direct retrofits(the routes on these jacksons were not angled)
      the 580 is a better trem though i have one that is 7 years old and still stays in tune perfect
      usually the knife edges are a issues with the cheaper floyd copies but some seem to be real good
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
        Out of interest, can you point to something on the net or a catalog perhaps, where the "JT580LP '94" designation is used - for verification?

I'm not questioning you Joe, not the slightest, I'm just aksing for something to see with my own eyes.

Are you perhaps referring to the tremolo in the picture below, as being a JT580LP '94? I'm pretty sure it's a JT-570 Single Locking:

The single-locking JT70 is similar to the original Floyd Rose II. Those things suck!!

My guitar definitely had a double-locking unit.
        I've got no pic or any other info about the JT580LP '94, but it was indeed a double-locking JT580LP with square baseplate I had on my old guitar. I sold it to a guy here named Telly C (Telly Chang). He hasn't posted here in quite awhile, don't know if he's still got the guitar or not. I remember Mike (Black Mariah) stating that he was told it was a "JT580LP '94" when he worked at Jackson. Supposedly they only had the square baseplates that year and then changed them to angled.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, it looks like the square baseplate JT580LP here in the '94/'95 catalog from your site, Henrik.
          http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page11.htm

I believe the one I had might have been the DMV color that's noted in the catalog... Deep/Dark Metallic Violet. I wish I had pics of it. It was sweet, had the offset dot inlays, but they were MOP and not white plastic.

Comment

Yep, sure looks like a square plate to me too in that photo. Good eye, Joe. Sorted!

Even though Mike got cojones hanging from his chin now, I believe him on what you said.

Thanks for your co-operation in yet another thread gone crazy in tremolo indulgement and scrutiny LOL!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Used to have jt580lp on my dkmg and I'm absolutely sure that jt580lp (as well as 580 and 500) is CRAP. So, if you wanna choose between silumin and silumin, you can get both JT's. The only alternative is pure steel-OFR.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ask me, 'll try to explain what...

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                    Yep, sure looks like a square plate to me too in that photo. Good eye, Joe. Sorted!

Even though Mike got cojones hanging from his chin now, I believe him on what you said.

Thanks for your co-operation in yet another thread gone crazy in tremolo indulgement and scrutiny LOL!
                    No problem. And "Balls On Chin Boy" got another shot after being banned for awhile, but he quickly became a dick again and had to go. Hehehe

Comment

"Balls On Chin Boy" Hahahahahahaha

Poor Butters!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X