Got a new DKMGT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new DKMGT...

Hey I just got my new 06 DKMGT, Its pretty awesome. I just had a couple of issues that I want to get resolved. First I wanted to know what the stock string guage is that comes from the factory, so I can get the same type. Is it the standard 9-46? And second, everything else is perfect on the guitar except for the volume pot. Its scratchy when I use it. The tone pot seems to be fine. Do you know what type of pot this is, so that I may find a replacement? Or, can this one be fixed somehow. Thanks guys, this is my first electric (played acoustics for a couple of years) so bear with me. And pics will be coming later tonight, after I get her all cleaned up.

Edit: Here are the pics as promised. I'm happy with my purchase .

Enjoy! Ps: It was really hard to capture the true color of the Trans finish, in the lighter areas its really more charcoal than brown.
    Last edited by kydron; 08-17-2006, 07:04 PM.

Make sure you exercise that volume pot good before ditching it. It's new and might just need a few hundred turns to clean itself out.

On the other hand, the pots are quite low quality as far as I know, so a swap may be needed in the end.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Want a pic of the DKMGT's while we're waiting?

Henrik

Comment

congrats on a new guitar! Factory strings are 9-42 gauge .

Henrik, showing your scanning skills around a bit?

Comment

Nah, I just happen to like the DKMGT very mucho
          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
            Make sure you exercise that volume pot good before ditching it. It's new and might just need a few hundred turns to clean itself out.

On the other hand, the pots are quite low quality as far as I know, so a swap may be needed in the end.
            Thanks I'll try that. You may be right, it probably needs to be broken in or something. I just got back from a couple of places, got some new strings and a bag full of capacitors and other electronic components for my keeley all seeing eye/ultra mod for my Boss DS-1. Im interested in seeing how it sounds. Its going to be a busy night.

Comment

VERY NICE, this brings Kris Norris to mind
              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

nice axe. is it a 2005 or 2006? the emg logos are too small and blurred to tell.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by kydron
                  Hey I just got my new 06 DKMGT
                  Henrik

Comment

ok, i wasn't fully awake. my bad.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wake up....... & nice guitar
                      “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

thats sweet, try a set of 10's on the guitar for imo a bit thicker tone.

Comment

I love that colour, bet it looks awesome in person.

Comment

Nice looking guitar!
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase and those are some good pictures! Especially the second one shows the flame nicely.

As for the pots, there is one thing you should care, they are 25k ohm pots. The volume should be an audio-taper (increases/decreases logarithmically) and the tone should be linear (and this one increases/decreases linearly)

And two sites you can buy them from (first ones to come to my mind)

www.stewmac.com
                              www.allparts.com

Good luck & enjoy your guitar
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X