No announcement yet.

Got a new DKMGT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool thanks for the reply NextInLine. So far she is holding up pretty well, but I am going to probably order a replacement volume pot. Its great to finally have a solid quality guitar. One other question I had was, what kind of tool is required to adjust the truss rod? Under the cover plate on the headstock, it looks like you would need to put a socket over it and not use an allen wrench internally. The inside of the bolt is rounded and threaded, so im confused as to how this is supposed to be adjusted. Heres a pic for reference (sorry that its blurry, all I have access to is my camera phone at the moment, and that stuff that looks like orange peel, is my ceiling, the headstock is smooth as glass! ):

Comment

yea just turn the knob back and forth alot and it should work itself out. same thing happened with a volume pot on my epi les paul std. brought it back to guitar center because i thought the pickup crapped out. all the guy did was slam the knob back and forth a few times and its been fine ever since.

edit: i wish i could have said something deep and philosophical for my 100th post. but oh well. classifieds here i come!!!
      Last edited by slayer32390; 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry to bring an old topic up.

But DAM, that thing is sexy... It's such a shame it has EMG's, I would have enjoyed a version with Duncan's in it

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
          Congrats on your purchase and those are some good pictures! Especially the second one shows the flame nicely.

As for the pots, there is one thing you should care, they are 25k ohm pots. The volume should be an audio-taper (increases/decreases logarithmically) and the tone should be linear (and this one increases/decreases linearly)

And two sites you can buy them from (first ones to come to my mind)

Luthier tools, guitar parts, and supplies for instrument builders, repair shops, hobbyists, and players worldwide. Same day shipping, free technical support, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Allparts® Music Corporation is the world's leading distributor of guitar and bass parts to retailers, builders, techs, and guitar players.

Good luck & enjoy your guitar
          actually, the EMG pots are the same for volume and tone. they can be swapped either way, it doesnt matter. at least all my EMG pots are identical...

sweet guitar by the way!
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonLUST View Post
            Sorry to bring an old topic up.

But DAM, that thing is sexy... It's such a shame it has EMG's, I would have enjoyed a version with Duncan's in it
            You can always get one and swap the EMGs out.

The MG series have always come with EMGs, hence the name, 'MG'
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice guitar dude! Good pics too.

Comment

Congrats. have fun with it
                Life can be good with right people.
                Andi Deris

Comment

The pot might have to be broken in first.
                  This happens sometimes in new guitars.

Nice tho!

Comment

screw 10's go with the ernie ball heavy bottom lite top ithink its sporting a 56 for the low end and 10 on the top end those things get monster tone i think the low e is thicker than the high G on my bass
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

What model case is that in the picture? It seems to fit the guitar very well, even if it isn't moulded to the body.

I've been looking for a case for my DK2, buy feel very uneasy about ordering one online, as I've read so many reviews and threads on this board (YES, I used the search function!) stating that the cases that fit are cheap and that the expensive cases don't fit very well.

So, which case is that in your pic?

Thanks!
                      "They put Jesus on a cross, they put a hole in JFK
                      "They put Hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way
                      "They got poison in the water and the whole world's in a trance
                      "But, just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance!"

- Tonio K.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        You can always get one and swap the EMGs out.

The MG series have always come with EMGs, hence the name, 'MG'
                        I know MG Series come with EMG's

I would do it but I'm not so into the reverse headstock either. I just love the pirrahna inlays with binding, carved top, transblack guitar.

Hell, it is still a nice guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X