Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Verification Please.

Hey people,
    My second post.Im from India and we dont have many good quality guitars over here.Amongst the flood of the Ibanezes n Epiphones I found a place where I could buy my favourite Jackson DXMG but to my despair found it to be an old p00py model pre 2000 wth the JT500 trem.Could you guyz please verify if any of these two guitars the DXMG n DK2 Dinky listed are worth the cost theyr putup.
    DXMG's around 623$ n
    DK2 Dinky(the discontinued 1nce with the duncandesigned crap pups) are around 710$
    Are any of these 2 really worth the price for the model n version they are being shown at.

Heres the LINK

Thnx
    TheDevil.

I had a JT500 once. Thought it was a good trem. Better than the JT580LP that comes on the DK2.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NOT WORTH IT!

You can get new 06 models of DXMG and DK2 with upgraded trem and better pickups for less then that!

Comment

ok so I mailed them n heres the response I Got...

"Hi Devil

We sell the Japanese Jackson DXMG 2006 model with alder body and JT 580. There is a misprint on the website which says it has the JT500 tremolo. I will rectify this.

Btw, do not give too much attention to the specifications given on the Jackson website, because if you go to the main page for the DXMG:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2910103544

Here it says the DXMG has a basswood body. However on the detailed specifications page they say the guitar has an alder body:

Basswood is similar to Alder, but they are two distinct woods with completely different acoustical response. If Jackson is confused at such a basic level, I am sure other specifications mentioned on the Jackson website could be wrong as well.

We import these guitars against orders. If you place an order now, you will get the guitar by 29th August because we are expecting a consignment then. For more information, you can call me on 91-98656*****

Cheers!

Ashutosh
        Bajaao.com "

Now whadaya guys suggest....is it worth 620 Bux if its the 2006 model with the JT580 n
        also is it good for a beginner Electric axe

Thnx guyz

Comment

dxmg used to be alder and all models after july 2006 will be basswood. same goes for the whole X series too (and the MG too then).

beginner axe? do you know how to set-up the floyd?

if you're total beginner to the guitar I recommend you JS series cause they're cheaper. and if you find out that you have some talent for guitar playing you can go on and buy better guitar after some time (like dxmg).
          Also you will get more knowledge and feel of the good guitar/bad guitar. cause for the beginner every guitar is the same. and if you start with a shitty model and move up to better guitars (the usa line) you will respect good guitars more.

Comment

Ok so you propose that I buy a hardtail axe first, before taking the plunge into floyd roses......

Comment

yes. or read few guides on the internet on setting up a floyd and see if you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDevil
                Ok so you propose that I buy a hardtail axe first, before taking the plunge into floyd roses......
                exactly! i had 4 hardtail guitars (only 2 of which i still have ) before i got my first floyd and the floyd is waaay different. for a beginner guitar go for a fixed bridge unless you want hours of headaches

Comment

Working...
                X