put new pickups in my rr3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put new pickups in my rr3

Hey everyone I replaced the stock duncan designed pickups in myRR3 with a Duncan jb and a '59. They sound great but my question is this, the strings dont pass directly over the pole pieces of either pickup looking down at the guitar all the strings are moved just a little bit towards the low e side of the neck. Also the strings arent centered on the board they are also off to the low e side a bit . Any idea what might be causing this or how i can fix it? Ill try to post some pics tomorrow. Thanks in advance

A bolt on neck guitar just loosen the neck screws slightly and move the neck in the direction you need to go and retighten the neck screws.You seem to have standard spaced pickups.On a floyd equipped guitar that will happen if you don't get trem spaced pickups.
    Its no big deal it will sound fine.The magnets are plenty strong enough to pick up the strings vibration.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It just looks goofy.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        It just looks goofy.
        ya know I was thinking the same damn thing.....
        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

It does bother some and I have to agree.It looks goofy.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Did you buy the Trembucker spaced replacments? All duncan designed pickups are. If the new pickups are standard spaced you might have signal loss, if there is no signal loss don't worry about it- the high e is where you will have it on leads. definetly shift the neck for the board issue though

Comment

thanks for all the replies guys. yeah i did buy standard spaced pickups and they sound fine it just looks stupid lol. and as for shifting the neck there is no room at all in the neck pocket to move it. the neck is right up to the body on both sides. but the string spacing and position is fine from the 1st-7th frets but after that they are off center. so i was thinking maybe the floyd or the saddles are f*cked up?

Comment

Once you fix the bridge the pickups won't look so bad. its has look better then the detonators. the thing that looks worse then those is an invader in color. You are not alone. I did the same stupid thing in my schecter. I thought I was OK since its a hardtail, but it did come with duncan designed pups too. Hey as long as it sounds good f*ck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6
                  Once you fix the bridge the pickups won't look so bad. its has look better then the detonators. the thing that looks worse then those is an invader in color. You are not alone. I did the same stupid thing in my schecter. I thought I was OK since its a hardtail, but it did come with duncan designed pups too. Hey as long as it sounds good f*ck it.
                  hell yea

Comment

Working...
                  X