Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV ID help! :)

Hey guys -

found a king V w/case today, picked it up. Has a tune-o-matic bridge, sharkfins, no neck binding, 24 frets, and a blue version of the crimson swirl (cobalt swirl?) Duncan Designed humbuckers, SN 96xxxx on the plate. It had a sticker on the neck close to where the body is, where I'm guessing a made in japan was.

What is this thing? I noticed that the newer ones are KX10s or something like that, but this guitar really reminds me construction-wise of the japanese DK2s that I've had. Is there any way to tell this from a KX10, or whether it's japanese or korean? It's a nice guitar, but a few glimpses in the mirror with it and it ain't me. I'll probably try to trade it off for a strat or dinky shape eventually, just trying to figure out what it is so I can value it appropriately. Thanks!

Pete

KVX10
    Made in Japan
    2002 or 2003 (get me the full ser# maybe I can nail it down)

They are awesome!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Alder body, maple neck

Here's mine:

Comment

dang Ron, it looks huge on me, but you look like you're playing a Dean Baby V.

Full SN is 9696123.

Pete

Comment

Late 2003.

Comment

Thanks Ron!

Comment

Working...
            X