Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars

Hey all,
    I've been looking on Ikebe Gakki ( www.ikebe-gakki.com ) at the Jackson stars they have over in Japan and I'm pretty intrested in the KE-J2 they have. So, does anyone have any experiance with Jackson Stars quality wise, is shipping expensive and what was your overall view on the importation? Thanks beforehand, and any answers greatly apprectiated.
    Peavey Wolfgang
    Gibson Les Paul
    Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul
    Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Plenty of threads already and I don't feel like digging. Search function may help you. That said, from guys here who own them, the quality is all there.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I got a semi-custom KS-J2 from 'em a little less than 2 years ago, it is a superb guitar. Coulda got a US Jackson for what I paid, but not a KS! Damn fine guitar, I have no complaints whatsoever

The neck is a little beefier than the DR3 I used to own and the DK2M that I own now, the pickups they put in are a great choice (I love the custom in the bridge, it just sounds so fat), and the schaller floyd is top-notch. These guitars are not hit-and-miss, based on the ones I've played in shops in Japan, and what you'll hear from the members of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteveMan
        I got a semi-custom KS-J2 from 'em a little less than 2 years ago, it is a superb guitar. Coulda got a US Jackson for what I paid, but not a KS! Damn fine guitar, I have no complaints whatsoever

The neck is a little beefier than the DR3 I used to own and the DK2M that I own now, the pickups they put in are a great choice (I love the custom in the bridge, it just sounds so fat), and the schaller floyd is top-notch. These guitars are not hit-and-miss, based on the ones I've played in shops in Japan, and what you'll hear from the members of this board.
        Thanks for the reply, and sorry for not searching the forums first; newbie noobness I suppose .
        Peavey Wolfgang
        Gibson Les Paul
        Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Hey,

I ordered a Jackson Stars RR-J1B with several semicustom options three months ago.
          The good news is:
          Today it arrived at the dealer!!! (Ishibashi).
          And they shipped it in my direction right away.

So in about a week I can tell you about quality.

Shipping was 18000 yen including insurance.

Overall view on the importation: It's now in the hands of EMS, let's see if it gets here in one piece.
          Ordering at Ishibashi has been a real pleasure, they obviously have good experience with international sales and are very friendly and helpful.

I was told to expect a delivery time of 3-4 months. The guitar was ordered on May 29th, so it took Jackson Stars EXACTLY 3 months to build and deliver it.
          The USA custom shop guys should take notes here...

Expect a full review from me soon.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Goddamn, three months, that's good. I expect a thread with at least 10 pics in a week then

Regarding EMS: The box my guitar came in (A Fender cardboard box) had no signs of abuse at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtma
              Goddamn, three months, that's good. I expect a thread with at least 10 pics in a week then

Regarding EMS: The box my guitar came in (A Fender cardboard box) had no signs of abuse at all.
              This comment alone has relieved about 2 tonnes of weight from my worrying shoulders.
              Phhheeeeew!!!

Thank you very much.

If anybody else has had good experiences with EMS, please tell me about it.
              If anybody has had bad experiences with them, PLEASE DON'T.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[quote=shadowcat
                Expect a full review from me soon. [/quote]

The hell we will! We want tons of pics too!

About EMS, it took EXACTLY one week for the guitar to get from Japan to me, it would be 6, but there was no invoice in the package so I had to send it to the custums and it got delayed for one day. Also, it was insured and in carboard box and in the gig bag. Both, the gigbag and guitar, were fully bubble wrapped. The string locking screws on schaller floyd were rusty though, but it was just the very light surface corrosion and it went off nicely with a little bit of WD-40 .

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
                  This comment alone has relieved about 2 tonnes of weight from my worrying shoulders.
                  Phhheeeeew!!!

Thank you very much.

If anybody else has had good experiences with EMS, please tell me about it.
                  If anybody has had bad experiences with them, PLEASE DON'T.
                  Remember to post them here!
                  Peavey Wolfgang
                  Gibson Les Paul
                  Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

I took a look at the Jackson Stars Semi-Custom Order page and clicked on the PDF file that has the semi-custom orderform in it, It came up fine but it's all in Japanese! Any of you guys got a link to an english version or how do I go about getting that form in english, they don't seem to have a direct e-mail service.
                    Peavey Wolfgang
                    Gibson Les Paul
                    Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

That has also been addressed in a previous thread.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've taken a look beforehand and stuka has already said this, I can't find anything with an english Semi-Custom order form. . .
                        Peavey Wolfgang
                        Gibson Les Paul
                        Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Jackson Stars ordering info:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50095

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55397

Gee, this thread is titled Jackson Stars Translations:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51807

And now, I get to post a funny pic

Comment

Thanks for that.
                            Peavey Wolfgang
                            Gibson Les Paul
                            Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X