Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro Series Serial

'Allo all,
    I was wondering how I can Identify the year my KE3 was made. The serial # is (the first 2 #'s are) 98. Thats all I can remember right now. It would be really great if someone could help me, thanks! (btw, the guitar is the older version of the pro series with the chrome hardware)
    Last edited by Mario8672; 08-29-2006, 12:28 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Find out the exact number; I can usually pinpoint it. I don't think the MIJ bolt-ons have got to 98xxxxx yet...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

for my Jackson KE3 (eerie Dess Swirl)

Comment

Looks like a newer one, most likely a 2005.

Comment

alrighty thanks

Comment

Let me ask you a question, now, Mario: Why are you so curious about the year? All KE3s were made in the same high quality factory in Japan. A lot - I mean A LOT of newbies love to ask this question...sometimes it's the only question they ask...just curious.

Comment

I hear the Jackson Pro series used a different factory in Japan before 2004. (and apparently it was better?) Hope that sets your curiosity at ease :P

Comment

Cool, I actually hit on the reason in my above post.

No, your source was incorrect. All MIJ Jacksons have been made at the same factory since 1990. This is also the same factory where the beloved Model series Charvels were produced in the late 80s.

See these threads:

Comment

I would have guessed from the high serial that it's a pre-upgrade 2006, but I can't be sure. If you ever decide to take the neck off, there should be date stamps in the neck pocket.

Comment

It is pretty high, huh, Sunbane? When did the "upgrade" occur?
                    I would have thought January, but are you thinking it was July? (as in, the turnover date for the wood change on the X series).

Comment

My KE3, is BEFORE jackson started using the black hardware on the KE3's
                      (just saying...)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        It is pretty high, huh, Sunbane? When did the "upgrade" occur?
                        I would have thought January, but are you thinking it was July? (as in, the turnover date for the wood change on the X series).
                        Recent info has led me to believe so, but it's hard to say for certain. I have a rather meager list of import serials, but here are a few interesting lines:

9763960 2006(july?) - DK2ASM (limited run)
                        9848520 2006 pre-upgrade DKMG
                        9854196 2006 RR-3

I'm almost certain these three were all posted here at the JCF. Mario's KE-3 would have rolled out somewhere between the DK2ASM and the DKMG, and I'm sure the DKMG was a pre-upgrade model. I'm not entirely sure how accurate the dating of the DK2ASM is though.

Comment

All Pros were moved to India in 2000 IIRC, except for the PC-3. They were all moved back to the Japanese factory the following year.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X