No announcement yet.

I got it! Jackson Stars Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! Is binding on that creme colored? If so, did you specify it as creme? My Jackson Stars RR-J2SP has creme binding too, and I thought RR-J2SPs have white binding (which I like a bit better), but you can't have everything .

Comment

looks like creme to me the color almost perfectly matches my LP with creme biniding on it. and my ibanez RG has white binding on it and that is deffinately creme hes got going on there.

Comment

Looks great!
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm glad that you have the guitar in your greedy little hands

I like how the Duncan Custom sounds in my ash Jackson Stars Soloist, too.

Post a close up pic of the top if you would, please
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Uh, hot. You just got to love a 24 fret RR!

Comment

The semi-custom options compared to the standard production model were the mahogany body, transparent green finish (which is not listed as available finish on the Jackson Stars site) and the matching headstock.

The upcharge compared to the quote I got for the standard model was very small. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post prices for this...? Well, it was below $100 US (using simple currency conversion here).
              Actually I believe I wasn't charged at all for the finish, just the matching headstock and mahogany body. Probably because the J1 production models come standard in trans finishes, just not the green one.

The binding is creme. I didn't specify anything here, but believe this is standard... my '90 Soloist Archtop Pro also has creme binding.

Thank you all for the nice response!

A pic of the top will follow soon...
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Here is a pic of the top:

The flame only stands out in direct light (like often seen on trans black finishes), in reality it is quite a dark green. The photo where I hold it shows the true color best.
                I had to use the flash on all photos to get them sharp and because the lighting in the rehearsal room sucks.
                I'm just not good at photography... don't even have a camera myself, I borrowed one from my bandmate for these yesterday.

Comment

Could you take a closer pic of the headstock only? I'd like to see the MOP Jackson Stars logo .

btw, did you get the wrench holder on the back of the headstock like USA Jacksons have? I'm thinking of getting one for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                    btw, did you get the wrench holder on the back of the headstock like USA Jacksons have? I'm thinking of getting one for mine.
                    No locking nut or floyd, no need for a wrench holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                      No locking nut or floyd, no need for a wrench holder.
                      Shows how stupid and overhasty I am .

Comment

Nice one

Definitely thinking of going Semi-Custom for an NASL sometime next year, and this is helping me make up my mind
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                          Could you take a closer pic of the headstock only? I'd like to see the MOP Jackson Stars logo .

I tried that yesterday (don't have the camera anymore), but somehow I just couldn't get a really good shot of it...

Here's my best try (not really sharp because I didn't use a flash on this, but the flash just killed the effect on the other shots).

It looks way better in reality, the MOP logo is definitely the best part of it! The logo (the J letter especially) has some really sparkly colourful parts in it, almost as if there was some abalone in there.

As Inearthed said, no need for a wrench holder. Models with floyd have them, I think. At least the Rhoads Pro of my bandmate has one.

I also took it to my local shop today, got straplocks for it and had them do a setup. It plays godlike now. I just can't believe it. I thought my Soloist Archtop Pro was the epitome of playability, but this Rhoads tops it. I just did a side by side comparison and nearly cried of joy.

I have two choices now:
                          1. Never buy a guitar again, I found the ultimate one.
                          2. Buy as many Jackson Stars guitars as I can!!!!

I'm kinda leaning to choice two, I think.

Disclaimer: Honeymoon. Big time.

And a big thank you again to Baum83 for always being online and uploading these pics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                            Nice one

Definitely thinking of going Semi-Custom for an NASL sometime next year, and this is helping me make up my mind
                            If you ask me: Do it!
                            It's three months wait time for a customized guitar that is just a tad bit more expensive than the production model.

Thinking about it, I got this one faster than the COW DK6 I ordered at my local store! And they put me in line for this one and built it from scratch!

But prepare for more of a wait!
                            My bandmate wants to get the equivalent of it but with a floyd, as soon as he has the money. And I bet there are some others now, as more and more people post about their Jackson Stars guitars on here.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my quote on my jackson stars semi-custom. I won't order it now, probably in two years or so. I'd like to have one like RR-J1, but with no pickguard and reverse headstock and sharkfins and single coil in the neck instead of humbucker, floyd and emg pa2 electronics and stainless steel frets in plain black finish with white pinstripes. I think one like this will have a much bigger upcharge. And I'd like to have "custom made" or something written next to the Jackson Stars logo if they make that.

btw, what's the serial on yours? do you maybe know what info can you read out from the serial? I've asked this ishibashi too, but still waiting for the answer...

And yeah, Jackson Stars rule!

Comment

Serial is 061402... so I'm tempted to believe the first two digits are the year.

I've looked at the order form again (the translated one) and, although Jackson Stars clearly is able and willing to do options not on the list, I believe your order would be a full fledged custom.
                                Namely for the pickup change (the order form states single coils are only available on archtop soloists) and the rearloaded electronics. Don't know about the stainless steel frets...

Comment

Working...
                                X