Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Rhoads PRO you mean.
    Oh I'm sorry, I actually meant rHodeS pRo...
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Sweet!!! Congrats
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post

Here is a link to wood descriptions, maybe it helps:
        http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/option..._bodywoods.cfm
        Nods, Warmoth site is great, I have a guitar I built with there stuff.

But now for the better news, I'm ordering my Semi-Custom in about three weeks, as soon as my tax refund gets here.

a RR-J2BE in Snow White with Perl Reverse Inlays and Perl Logo. I haven't had a chance to look at all the semi custom options, but even this will bring the guitar up to almost exactly what I was going to order in the US Jackson CS.

And later on I'm gonna get the RR-J2SP I think. Will see how the experience of getting the first one is. I'm really excited about it! Now I need to get ahold of fretsonthenet about a replacement pic guard. He has the previous one I got him to make on his site (Jerry's rr3r) for the new one.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

You should upgrade to ebony and 1 11/16 inch nut too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
            You should upgrade to ebony and 1 11/16 inch nut too IMO.
            ... which has an upcharge of about $100. If you are used to slimmer necks perhaps you should consider that too. The Jackson Stars has pretty fat necks IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtma View Post
              ... which has an upcharge of about $100. If you are used to slimmer necks perhaps you should consider that too. The Jackson Stars has pretty fat necks IMO.
              I'm used to playing my LTD Tribute Rhoads and Les Pauls.

Is the 1 11/16 nut the same as comes on the US RR1T's? (I'll check Jacksons site, but thought I'd ask as well)

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                Is the 1 11/16 nut the same as comes on the US RR1T's? (I'll check Jacksons site, but thought I'd ask as well)
                Yes. Pretty much all Jacksons have 1 11/16 nut.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  I'm used to playing my LTD Tribute Rhoads and Les Pauls.
                  In this case you will probably find the Jackson Stars necks to be quite thin.

At least the neck on my Rhoads is pretty thin, just like the necks on the three RR5s I've played so far.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                    In this case you will probably find the Jackson Stars necks to be quite thin.

At least the neck on my Rhoads is pretty thin, just like the necks on the three RR5s I've played so far.
                    I have an RR3R so I think I will survive if it's thin I have some Ibeenhadz that are really thin necks as well.

Comment

Right now I'm hammering out the details on the semi custom with Mai Maeno (I won't say the shop, hopefully just saying to persons name won't violate the dealer thing) I'll be putting my order in soon as my tax check gets here.

I've already getting ready to put in an order for a replacement pick guard (like the one I have on my other rhoads) and a couple other odd's and ends for this one and the next two of them I'll buy. Barring any sudden bad experience with this, I think I may stick with Stars. It'll Definitely be something different and special compared to what ever other metal band in the area is playing (Apologies to the LTD and Dean bandwagon-ers..)

So now as it stands

Snow White RR-J2E
                      Ebony Neck 1 11/16 nut
                      Mop Logo and Mop reverse inlays
                      Hard shell case

Has anyone used the Earvana Compensating Nuts? I'm thinking about adding one of those or something like it to the guitar when I get it.

After that my custom pick guard and truss rod cover and yeah.

I hate being this excited about something until it's in my hands

Comment

Working...
                      X