• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that's fucking wicked! Congrats!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      Could you take a closer pic of the headstock only? I'd like to see the MOP Jackson Stars logo .
      Naz,

Here's a pic of the headstock on my guitar. Black, with the MOP Jackson Stars logo.

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

QR, Looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
          Serial is 061402... so I'm tempted to believe the first two digits are the year.
          Serial on mine is 052659, so yeah, first two digits are the year 100%.

Still waiting for the price quote...

Comment

Frikin AWESOME guitar dude!

..but I think you need to lower that action more...:ROTF:
            Strat God Music
            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

not to criticize either of you but shadow cat: i just realized that imo abalone sharkies would have looked so good on that .

and naz: wtf? youre going to have two stars before i have one!? lol im actually thinking about snagging one of those wrenchholders off ebay, but im a bit sketchy about screwing it into my headstock. oh and ill take the j2sp when youre done with it

slightly OT: i left one of my cables at school today with my bass so now i cant play through my metal zone if it gets taken im going to be so pissed

Comment

Any had a Stars with graphic finishes yet? I asked for a quote for BGF, damn, it brings it almost up to USA Select prices for me.

Comment

No kidding. It was way cheaper for me to find a used Select.
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM.
                    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
                      not to criticize either of you but shadow cat: i just realized that imo abalone sharkies would have looked so good on that .
                      That's a question of taste... I prefer MOP because the effect is more subtle, it looks "classy" to me while abalone jumps right into your face and looks more "bling-bling". Which I generally associate with LTDs.

Because of this preference I also like the dark trans green finish, it doesn't scream for attention, but it's totally beautiful.

I agree that the upcharges for graphics are monstrous. The leader is Blue Orange Flames with a list upcharge of 84.000 yen, which translates to ~725$ US.
                      Also floyded models cost several hundred more than the string-thru equivalents... at this point a used Select definitely wins in the price department. However you can't choose semi-custom options on used guitars, so...
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

and naz: wtf? youre going to have two stars before i have one!?
                        Don't know yet, I just got a price quote and it's pretty high already just with reversed headstock and fins and white bevels. If I want my custom switch positions and single coil in the neck and stainless steel frets (thus going full custom, no the semi-custom) is I think better going with USA costum shop. Price almost the same, just longer wait with the USA. But what I'm I talking, in the mean time I still have to get a 5150 halfstack, a soloist of somekind and another rhoads .

lol im actually thinking about snagging one of those wrenchholders off ebay, but im a bit sketchy about screwing it into my headstock.
                        Me too. Does anyone have any experiences with screwing these on?

oh and ill take the j2sp when youre done with it
                        Sorry, not gonna happen!

Comment

damn dude youre a big spender for having no job lol how long will you not eat school lunch for all that stuff :ROTF: actually instead of a stars ill probably just end up with a rr5 in ivory with the black pinstripes lol im still totally gassing over one as soon as i get maybe another grand in the bank ill try to score one on ebay so you know accounting for buying like food, video games etc probably another 5 months-ish. i played one at GC and it was so nice. i cant wait

Comment

who needs food, when you can have new gear?

Comment

Originally posted by maiden_fan
                              who needs food, when you can have new gear?

me. im a diabetic. cant play the new gear if im in a coma from not eating

Comment

Lol. true story dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X