New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy

Hey all, just found this forum and so far it awsome!
    Anywho ive been trying to ID my jackson ans find out more about it.
    Its a Dinky XL proffessional. So far ive figured out that its made in japan around 93-95.
    serial number is 931792. It has all black hardware and a german shaller floyd rose.
    Ive had trouble getting a really mean distortion out of it and have even changed the bridge pickup to a dimarzio super distortion.
    Some people say it is a really good guitar others say its bottem of the line. Ive had it a really long time now and wont get ride of it but am not going to invest in it ether if it will never sound the way I want it.
    Any info would be great thanks.
    Jorne

if you post pix and serial, i'm sure racerx will be able to ID it for you.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Dinky XL professional
      serial #931792 all black.

Comment

The Professional's are the top of the line for the Japanese made Jackson's. The concepts were the bottom of the line. Sounds like you need to upgrade to a super distortion 3 if you like dimarzio's. I sure the guys on the board can help with a better pickup.

Comment

Anyone know what kinda wood were used?

Comment

Welcome, newb! Looks like you already did a good job of IDing your Jackson...course I believe it has the model right on the truss rod cover!

Dinky XLs were basswood.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...1993Page24.htm

Originally posted by Rich#6
            The Professional's are the top of the line for the Japanese made Jackson's.
            Rich is correct.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X