Dinky ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky ID

I'm sure you guys get this alot but need help ID-ing the dinky I picked up. I know its Japanese. It looks like a DX10 but with H-S-S config instead of the H-H. The neck is not bound so no DK2. has the sharkfins so not a JSxx. Has a floyd but doesn't say Jackson on it. Pickups don't say anything on them (jackson, duncan designed, etc). Hardware is all black. Neckplate only has the s/n 00042974. Any ideas??
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/buttdump...10516596#page1

Thanks and great site!!
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Looks like one of the Musician's Friend "exclusive" models from several years ago. I believe it was called the JD-R Pro in the MF catalog. I almost bought one, but wasn't sure if I wanted a trem or fixed bridge.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, dude, that ser# IDs it as made in India. Pretty cool looking though.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Outstanding!!

Thanks. I figured this site could tell me what others couldn't. I pulled the pickups and they are apparently Kent Armstrong OEM "hot" HB and single coils (m214 and mp112's). Never heard of these before today. anyone have an opinion on them. They really don't seem that "hot" to me. I play mostly metal and I'm looking for some replacements already.

Racerx, where did you find that out about india? I've been looking for a list that shows the foreign ones for a while with no luck.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Well, it's common knowledge that Jackson guitars made in India have 8 digit serials that begin with zero. Bolt-on Japanese Jacksons generally are 7 digits and start with 9. I learned that here on JCF actually, heh.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X