Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent Deal on Jackson Reverse Proffesional ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Deal on Jackson Reverse Proffesional ?

I picked up a Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional. It was on a Pawn shop wall in excellent shape. Can anyone tell me exactly what Model I got and the possible yrs produced (i know they're out of production now). I'll describe it.... Kinda ultra deep Purplish /Blue, Reverse headstock that says Professional on it, 24 fret bolt-on maple/maple neck with off-set dot inlays 3-way switch, 2 Jackson humbuckers, the Bridge being a hum w/rails, ser # 402888. I walked in pretty much to by a beater to practice on so I don't put wear on my more expensive models. Anyway I take it down to play it and i was like Whoa!, Very beautiful nice playing all maple neck (couldnt plug it in to hear it but ive been playing 25 yrs and bout 60 guitars later can sense a decent quality guitar, and you can always change the pickups). Anyways the playability surprised me because Ive picked up some recent Dinky's in different stores in my search and not to offend anyone, I wasnt impressed at all with a lot of them for the most part, quality was just....lacking. Anyways, my question is, How older a model is this? are they of better quality than the newer ones? and how are they regarded amongst Jackson players? Also thought the trem was very nice quality, ive tried some Floyd Knock-offs that were just terrible to just adequate, this is not one of them, very decent.........I paid $230 total for it and it was pretty much in incredible shape, no fretwear, looked like it had hardly been played. A real eye-catcher, the all maple neck w/dots goes beautiful w/ the purple finish. Went to buy a beater and ended up with a very giggable guitar. Was $230 fair, thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sitamoia50; 09-16-2006, 02:24 PM.

pix? provide serial no. if you ask racerx nicely, he'll determine it's age for you.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Direct mount pickups? 1994 Dinky Reverse

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page11.htm

And yes, generalizing, pre-95 Professionals were built slightly better than today's models.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You got a Jackson Dinky Reverse Pro with the maple fretboard. Great score, they are great guitars and the necks are GOD-LIKE! I built one and its by far one of my favorite necks. It was made in the mid 90's in Japan and is a very good quality guitar.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Damnit Ron beat me to it by 2 minutes!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

...like a red-headed stepchild!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                Direct mount pickups? 1994 Dinky Reverse

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page11.htm

And yes, generalizing, pre-95 Professionals were built slightly better than today's models.
                Racer X, Huge help!. that is the exact guitar I have. I like the direct mount pickups (wish more guitars would come like that). I know Steve Stevens used to have direct mounted pickups on a lot of his signature guitars. Used to have one of his Washburn sig guitars and they were direct mounted,now i'm a huge fan and own one of the Steve Stevens Hamer SS1 & SSll Customs, and the single coils are direct mounted. Anyways, Thanx bigtime. I see you post in the Hamer forums also. You have great taste in guitars Bro.....
                Last edited by Sitamoia50; 09-16-2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

You're welcome!

Now let's see some pics!

You got a great deal on that.

Comment

That 3 Hum stealth is cool!! I used to have a 3 Hum les paul copy

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
                      That 3 Hum stealth is cool!! I used to have a 3 Hum les paul copy
                      I have 93' Stealth HX. That's my second Stealth HX. Used to have Stealth EX also. Good guitars, unless u have USA Jackson.

Comment

Early Dr5s are great guitars.The maple /maple necks tend to be a tad thinner than the rosewood board ones.You made a screaming deal because those are getting very hard to find in that condition for under $400.00
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                          Early Dr5s are great guitars.The maple /maple necks tend to be a tad thinner than the rosewood board ones.You made a screaming deal because those are getting very hard to find in that condition for under $400.00
                          Cool. Ive been playin the thing for 2 days straight now and I am really enjoying the maple/maple neck bigtime. All my other guitars have Rosewood or Ebony,this is really nice change and I gotta say I am a bit surprised I like the this guitar as much as I do. To be honest Ive only owned 1 Jackson in my whole life, that was way back in the early 80's, I went to guitar show in Boston, Ma and hangin' on the wall was the 1st Randy Rhoads Jackson I had ever seen in my life, they had just came out. I was a huge Rhoads fan and i had to have it. I can remember coming home on a Saturday, collecting every penny I had and then borrowing the rest, driving back out there on Sunday, plucking the $1300 or $1400 (dont even remember exactly how much it was, just remember it was damn expensive) and bringin it on home. Still wish i had that one (bet that would fetch some cash now!)..... Anyways I'm enjoying this one. Like I had posted I literally was just looking for a cheap but decent beater/player to just bring to work etc and run scales and not worry bout beatin the crap out of it but this guitar is actually decent enough where I'm thinkin' bout puttin some nice Duncan's in it to kick it up a few more notches............thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'll post some pics within a few days. Just gotta get to my brothers house and grab his digital. Definately gotta say. this thing is pretty sleek....

Comment

Working...
                            X