DK2T or DKMGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2T or DKMGT

Aside from pickup differences are their any notible quality differences, that one would easily be able reconigze between the two?

Speaking of the pickups, however rumor has it that EMG's don't sound well in Alder in comparison to Seymour Duncan's.

dk2t has standard headstock and sharkies, flat body. dkmg has reversed headstock, piranha inlays, carved top body, battery cavity, costs around £200-£300 more. depending on your sound preferences would determine only as an opinion as to which one sounds better.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-16-2006, 04:52 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The DKMG neck is a bit thicker than a DK2 neck... I personally love the DKMG, GREAT feeling guitar. You can find DKMGT's on ebay for around $300 or so, a great deal.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well, I play a Ibanez RG270 right now (Wizard II), and I've been playing for a little over a year and a half, and I feel pretty comfortable with that profile of neck, so I guess something close to that would be nice.

I've found, however that guitar shopping can be a relentess task, and it doesn't help matters any when I can't try out many brands other than Ibanez.

RobRR, in regards to the neck thickness, I a bit confused because on the jacksonguitars.com site it states that both are of the same thickness? 1st Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”
        Last edited by Diminished29; 09-16-2006, 05:05 PM.

Comment

My DKMG just measured .750 and .835. The specs could have possibly changed as mine is probably 3 years old.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

...or it's possible that the specs on the site are off. JMIC are sort of notorious for that.

Comment

Working...
            X