Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got problems with DK2M import

hi all

I have take command of a transblack DK2M the 22 of June on guitarbargains, a belgian shop. I live in France, and the shop has announced me about 4 week of wait. We're the 17 of September, and i'm always without my Dk2m... I've mailed the shop, and there were inable to give me informations...
    Is Jackson got production problems ?

thanks in advance

Hi Infected – I assume you’ve already paid for the guitar? Otherwise you would just buy it somewhere else, right? Legally the shop are in breach of a “verbal contract”, although that may not help if they already have your money!

Several possibilities – 1. demand your money back, and if they object tell them they are legally in breach of contract. 2.be nice to them but tell them you must have a guitar now!, persuade them to loan you a decent guitar until the Jackson arrives. 3. I expect you could buy a DK2M for less money on eBay?

Ian.

Comment

Infected.... the last time I checked guitarbargains, the site was dead. You might be in for a little trouble there if they've closed down or something.

Comment

thx a lot for your answers.

-i WANT this guitar. The problem is not about GuitarBargains (who had answers with serious at all my emails), 'cause all the shop i've mailed are without DK2M, and they answered me to wait about 8 week !

-I don't think that GB could give an antother guitar 'til mine come...

-well... i can't find on ebay some DK2M in the color i want, and the most can't be exported to Europe (live in France, asshole of the guitaristic world...)

Infected Mind
        Last edited by Infected mind; 09-17-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Ahh, i see the site is back up, must have just caught them on some down time the last time. Anyone else used them before with good results? 123 won't ship a lot of major brands overseas, whereas these dudes will...

Comment

even uk buyers are still waiting for their dk2m's so i wouldn't panic. my local retailers can't even give me an eta at all on any jackson guitars because they don't stock them. it's special order, pay up front, sit til ya scream "wtf is my guitar?!".
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

so "wait and see"

Comment

Jackson may have really underestimated the demand for the DK2M or misjudged which colors would be m ost in-demand. Personally I'd guess the white ones would be most in-demand as white is rare for Charvel/Jacksons anyway, and the white with the maple board and black sharkies is really striking.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I waited a few months extra for the finish I wanted (trans black), and that's in the USA. I have only seen black and white finishes available in the local Guitar Centers, and they only arrived within the past few weeks. Even with the additional delay on mine, I still had it 3+ months ahead of Guitar Center.
                  sigpic

Comment

I waited a long time for mine - over a month. Everywhere that stocked them was sold out - I think mine was one of the first sold from the second factory run.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                      Jackson may have really underestimated the demand for the DK2M or misjudged which colors would be m ost in-demand. Personally I'd guess the white ones would be most in-demand as white is rare for Charvel/Jacksons anyway, and the white with the maple board and black sharkies is really striking.
                      +1

Also, Infected, the DK2M is the best-selling Jackson import currently + not so great European distribution = you got to wait, Frenchy!

BTW your thread title is misleading; you don't have "problems with the DK2M", you have a problem waiting for one....
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        BTW your thread title is misleading; you don't have "problems with the DK2M", you have a problem waiting for one....
                        :ROTF: So true.

Good luck on getting your guitar bro. I know that the waiting sucks.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiddles
                          Hi Infected – I assume you’ve already paid for the guitar? Otherwise you would just buy it somewhere else, right? Legally the shop are in breach of a “verbal contract”, although that may not help if they already have your money!

Several possibilities – 1. demand your money back, and if they object tell them they are legally in breach of contract. 2.be nice to them but tell them you must have a guitar now!, persuade them to loan you a decent guitar until the Jackson arrives. 3. I expect you could buy a DK2M for less money on eBay?

Ian.
                          Not sure what the laws are there, but telling someone a guitar is in and it being late is surely not a "Legal Verbal Contract Violation" here in the US. I have had plenty of guitars take longer than they are supposed to to get in.

When a supplier gives you an ETA on a guitar, it is just that, an ESTIMATE. Just be patient. Canceling your order and going with someone else will do nothing but put you back at the end of the line for the available guitars.

Matt
                          Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 09-19-2006, 12:01 PM.

Comment

i 've looked to all the shop i know, and the DK2M is only available in white... and i want a transblack one...

@Racer-x: i haven't wrote that, the title is "problems with DK2M export"
                            but if you want another title, say it, i don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Infected mind
                              i 've looked to all the shop i know, and the DK2M is only available in white... and i want a transblack one...

@Racer-x: i haven't wrote that, the title is "problems with DK2M export"
                              but if you want another title, say it, i don't care
                              Actually, you said import, and the model is an import and not USA.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X