Kelly ID help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly ID help please?

Hey dudes... here's my new score which I won on auction last nite.

The serial was listed as: J007973, so am I right thinking this is a neck through import kelly... from 1990? It's amazing what cool stuff you learn here. Just wondering though, which exact model it is... Cos from the photo (hopefully just a bad one) the sharkfins don't look very MOP-ly. I love the top colour though.

Cheers!

It's a bolt-on KE3, I think 1997.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice score, love the quilted purple myself .

Comment

Cool toejam... oh well was hoping to have scored something special, but I'm sure it'll be cool. Ironically JCF was down when i was frantically searching for serial number identification tips

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
          Cool toejam... oh well was hoping to have scored something special, but I'm sure it'll be cool. Ironically JCF was down when i was frantically searching for serial number identification tips
          Did you think perhaps to contact the seller?! Cool axe, hope you got it for a good price.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yup, however the description was fairly scanty, and he only posted the serial in the last half hour or so thus the mad rush. Waiting on him to contact me at the moment. Bit of a bid war erupted in the end, but it was still reasonable-ish, but not especially cheap.

Comment

Trans Violet was only available on the KE3 in '96 & '97. I think that ser# is wrong, as Professional bolt-ons went to the 96xxxxx numbering starting around 1996. If the ser# is right, it could be an early '96.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks - I'll check with him once he gets in contact.

Comment

congrats on a gorgeous guitar! that finish is just so tasty.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Trans Violet was only available on the KE3 in '96 & '97. I think that ser# is wrong, as Professional bolt-ons went to the 96xxxxx numbering starting around 1996. If the ser# is right, it could be an early '96.
                    Ron this is an early ke-3 and have some different features than the usual ke-3. Levantin's kelly is also one of these and has a serial number starting with "j", grey logo with professional on the headstock, no neckplate, the non-lp version of the jt-580 and reverse sharkfins
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Looks peachy to me (pun intended). From 1996-97 IIRC. I got one of them in black. The inlays are first grade mother of toilet seat. Nice player though, congrats.
                      Last edited by levantin; 09-25-2006, 06:03 AM.
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        Ron this is an early ke-3 and have some different features than the usual ke-3. Levantin's kelly is also one of these and has a serial number starting with "j", grey logo with professional on the headstock, no neckplate, the non-lp version of the jt-580 and reverse sharkfins
                        I did not know that there were things that Ron didn't know about J/Cs...

Levantin... cool man. MOTO is better than plastic at any rate. Still saving up for a custom Kelly, hopefully might be able to afford one next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X