Finally up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally up and running

Well after a little while, I finally pieced my Dinky together. You can check this thread that I hijacked for the background. My thought was buy a neck off of the bay. I did. But then I found an early 90s P4 for sale locally by someone who turned out to be a member of this board. He had removed the pickups but did include some others he had laying around. The pickups are some good no names. Anyway, I placed the Performer neck on the green body tried to set it up myself, like I always do. Failed miserably and then brought it in to my favorite Guitar repair shop.

The neck I ordered came and it was the wrong scale my fault I just read that it was a Jackson replacement neck and didn't actually bother to take their measurements and see if it would work. I'm glad I bought the P4. The body of the P4 looks nice so I will probably keep it, work on getting p'ups in it and replace the FR that I stole from it. Overall, I probably spent way more than what it would have cost me to buy one complete but it was cool to watch it all come together.
    Last edited by Acidhouse; 09-26-2006, 06:55 AM.

Looks nice, congrats!

I like the transgreen!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I am glad the guitar worked out for you. It looks pretty nice.
      Originally posted by Acidhouse View Post
      Overall, I probably spent way more than what it would have cost me to buy one complete but it was cool to watch it all come together.
      Sometimes that happens financially, but seeing it progress is part of the fun of building your own. What's a few extra bucks? I blow enough $$ for an import on a good night at the bar.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

love the trans-green. good job!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[quote=Acidhouse;787294]My thought was buy a neck off of the bay. I did. But then I found an early 90s P4 for sale locally by someone who turned out to be a member of this board[quote]

Hey, that was me... I'm glad you liked the PS-4. Acidhouse is a cool dude. Welcome Bro!

Alvin
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thanks Alvin. It was great meeting you. I will post pics when your old trans blue gets put back together. Hopefully before the decade ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidhouse View Post
              Well after a little while, I finally pieced my Dinky together. You can check this thread that I hijacked for the background. My thought was buy a neck off of the bay. I did. But then I found an early 90s P4 for sale locally by someone who turned out to be a member of this board. He had removed the pickups but did include some others he had laying around. The pickups are some good no names. Anyway, I placed the Performer neck on the green body tried to set it up myself, like I always do. Failed miserably and then brought it in to my favorite Guitar repair shop.

The neck I ordered came and it was the wrong scale my fault I just read that it was a Jackson replacement neck and didn't actually bother to take their measurements and see if it would work. I'm glad I bought the P4. The body of the P4 looks nice so I will probably keep it, work on getting p'ups in it and replace the FR that I stole from it. Overall, I probably spent way more than what it would have cost me to buy one complete but it was cool to watch it all come together.

you should have gotten money off that neck. i think theres something wrong with the dots awesome guitar though good job and welcome

Comment

PS-4 ya mean.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks RacerX. Also, thanks for your help in answering the last post. It seems I keep reading how you have a thankless job. Well you get my thanks.

Comment

Dude, I didn't do anything in here, in fact, I see Alvin caught the correct model. But, give me the ser# on whatever plate you have and I'll consult my crystal ball!

(Is the plate from the PS-4 or from the DKMG?)
                    Last edited by RacerX; 09-26-2006, 10:05 PM.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X