Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info. on my guitar. Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info. on my guitar. Help please?

Hello to everyone here at the JCF. I ordered a Jackson guitar from a local music store back in the mid 90's and I'm having trouble finding info. on it now. The serial number is J502556 which I couldn't locate at the Jackson website. From looking at other guitars, the only thing I can gather is that it's not U.S.A. made. I can't seem to find any other guitars that have Jackson pickups and "Rhoads Pro" written on the headstock. I appreciate any help you guys can give as far as model, when/where it was made, etc. And though you can't see it in the photo's it's a neck through.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t/Jackson1.jpg
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t/Jackson2.jpg
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t/Jackson3.jpg

Edit: Can't remember the date that I bought it, I was in high school though. So it must have been in '95 or '96.
    Last edited by FangsOut; 09-27-2006, 09:32 PM.

That's a Rhoads Pro or RR Pro, made in Japan in 1995. The serial J5... states that it's made in 1995

Check here for further information;

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page05.jpg

And welcome by the way
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thanks alot NextInLine, for the welcome and the link. I've been looking forever for some pics and any information. I'm originally a drummer but since moving into an apartment I've been playing guitar everyday. Forgot how great it is for a while.

Comment

No problem, early japanese pro series neck-thrus are awesome guitars

A suggestion; read the sticky threads and make an introduction post with pictures of your guitar and enjoy your stay, jcf is a cool place!
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

That's a very nice guitar! I'm looking for one in near future and if you ever decide to sell it just let me know!

Oh, and Eelcome!

Comment

Early 90's pro... real MOP fins and binding!
            My guess is 93. The pic in the catalog scan looks just like your guitar.
            http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1993/pages/JC1993Page19.htm
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              The pic in the catalog scan looks just like your guitar.
              But without pickup covers .
              FangsOut, did the guitar come without pickup covers or did you remove them?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                But without pickup covers .
                FangsOut, did the guitar come without pickup covers or did you remove them?
                Only the 91 and 92 Pro had pickup covers.
                His pickups are logo'd so I doubt they ever had covers.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  His pickups are logo'd so I doubt they ever had covers.
                  You're right .

Comment

There were no pickup covers included. It was my first "real" guitar - as opposed to my first guitar which was from a Sears catalog. It sounds great and has really nice bite from the bridge pickup and a warm, heavy tone from the neck one. Really versatile. Anyone know how much it's worth today, I remember paying around $700 for it from a shop in Philly that has since closed down.

Comment

that is one nice guitar id kill to have early 90's pro or at least the neck of one for my kelly...
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

That's a GREAT first guitar. The Japanese shop is famous for its build quality, especially during the early 90s timeframe.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by FangsOut
                          The serial number is J502556

Holy crap! A 1995 Rhoads Pro! I have never seen anyone mention a later than 1994 Rhoads Pro, man, I thought they didn't exist. Awesome.

Want to read more about it, then go here... it's under construction, lacking stuff but there's plenty of info:
                          http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Jack...Info-part2.htm

Could you double check the serial? I'm not questioning you, I'm just.... well... will you confirm?

Does your tremolo say Schaller?

Good you didn't sell it when you became a drummer.
                          Last edited by jackson1; 09-27-2006, 02:20 PM.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Henrik I didn't know 95 Rhoads Pros made you so excited!
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Are you kiddin'!? I fell off my chair reading that! Hurt my head too when hitting the table face on 1995! I can't believe it! I need a life!
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X