RR 5 Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 5 Pickups

Hello all, first post. I just bought an RR5 and was wondering what everyones opionions are on the Duncan pickups. The reason I ask is because I also have a EMG 81 and 85 I was considering swaping them out for. The EMG's are currently in another Jackson but its a low end (Rhoades Proformer I think). Am I better off keeping them there or installing in the RR5? Thanks in advanced for your help.

I like the TB-4 pickups in my RR5. I'd try them for a while before you go and booger up a nice as stock Rhoads. Make your decision then, not everyone has the same tastes in tone. For example, Jagrmeister. I love Jager and would recomend it, but other people may hurl just from the smell of it.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

mmmm Jager.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Jager rocks!! Oh yeah, this is about pickups, sorry I get sidetracked when I drink.
        I'm happy with my RR5 pickups as well. Like VoiceX3 said, play it for awhile, then decide.

Comment

i'm not allowed to drink jagar anymore...
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think that if you put EMGs in the RR5 they will sound similar (if not the same) as they do in you other guitar. However, if you put Duncans in the performer they'll sound a bit different, most likely worse, cause of the lower grade wood.

And Jager sucks btw .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              I think that if you put EMGs in the RR5 they will sound similar (if not the same) as they do in you other guitar. However, if you put Duncans in the performer they'll sound a bit different, most likely worse, cause of the lower grade wood.
              I don't agree with the emg part. I tried emg's in many guitars and they all sounded different... For example while the emg 81 on my ke-2 sounds nice, a friend's cort x-th sounded like crap with the emg 81...
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I just got my guitar so I'll keep this short and too the point so I can get back to it. Love this guitar. I acually love the Duncans. I find them very different from the EMG and at first thought I'll stick with the Duncans. Thanks for your input. What a great guitar!!!!

Comment

I think the neck pup sounds way to bassy.., but sounds cool in bridge.

Comment

Working...
                  X