Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old is mine and what changes have been done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is mine and what changes have been done?

Im sorry, I know you prob get sick of this, but how can I tell how old my DK2 is? The dealer didnt know. As it was a second. ( was supposed to be sustainer but the sustainer was bad.) Factory put in diff pup (mini rails) and stamped it used. Plays and sounds great
    Plus, Id like to know what the color is called. Kind of a metallic purple. Serial no is a sticker on the plate.. Is that correct? 311305260.
    I got it in 2004.

I see the new dk2 has real duncan. What upgrade was made to the trem??

Thanks!!

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Serial no is a sticker on the plate.. Is that correct? 311305260.
    I got it in 2004.
    Not a Jackson ser#

Give us a pic
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That serial number looks like the ones the comes out of MF whse in Knoxville Tenn.I know they grind off the fretboard serial numbers and put a sticker on the back of the headstock.The pull the USA neckplates and put on blank or import Jackson neckplates with stickers with a wierd serial number.I know where a USA JJ korina double cut is with the serial number ground off the fretboard.Its a shame because I would have bought it.
      Last edited by straycat; 09-28-2006, 02:46 AM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wonder why....Neckplate is blank, white sticker w/black numbers stuck to it is what I listed.maybe since its a second, they want to make sure it isnt sold as 100%.
        Well, as I said,other than sustainer, its perfect. esp for $270

Comment

Remove the neck. The model name and date should be stamped either on the edge of the heel or in the pocket (or both).
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i didnt think they still stamped the neck heels on newer models
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

The S/N sticker on a blank plate is consistent with the refurbs I have seen in the past. If it was supposed to have a Sustainer originally, then it's a DK2S..."downgraded" to a DK2. Still a fine guitar.

The new trems are supposed to have hardened steel bases and (I think) posts. It would probably take a fair bit of heavy trem use over a period of time to really determine if it's much of an improvement or not. I've never had problems with the JT580LP trems on older Jacksons, but some people consider them to be subpar.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                The S/N sticker on a blank plate is consistent with the refurbs I have seen in the past. If it was supposed to have a Sustainer originally, then it's a DK2S..."downgraded" to a DK2. Still a fine guitar.

The new trems are supposed to have hardened steel bases and (I think) posts. It would probably take a fair bit of heavy trem use over a period of time to really determine if it's much of an improvement or not. I've never had problems with the JT580LP trems on older Jacksons, but some people consider them to be subpar.
                Yeah, thats what mine is. I have to say, I dont know what pup they put in the neck , but it rocks! Alot better than the Designed in the middle. PlusI have coil tap switches since there is no sustainer. AND, the battery compartment makes a great place to stash picks..
                Great axe!
                How do I figure out the year? would it be feasible to say they turn around the refurbs quickly?? Same year??

Comment

Not much you can do if there's no marking in the neck pocket to indicate the date. The DK2S has been around for a few years now, and since the features were the same until this year, the serial number was the only definitive dating method.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                    Not much you can do if there's no marking in the neck pocket to indicate the date. The DK2S has been around for a few years now, and since the features were the same until this year, the serial number was the only definitive dating method.
                    Right, you're looking at either an '02, '03 or '04.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Right, you're looking at either an '02, '03 or '04.
                      I got it in 04. I guess they probably correct them and put them back out right away???
                      Thanks

Comment

Maybe. Let's see a pic. We can look up the colors for each year.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Maybe. Let's see a pic. We can look up the colors for each year.
                          Ill get one on next day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            Ill get one on next day or so.

Comment

Thanks for paying attent... hey! Wake up!!!

pics are coming! I borrowed a cam sat and snapped a couple. I have to set up a host site and the camera owner is gonna email them to me .

So dont give up on me!

Comment

Working...
                              X