RR3 or DK2M??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 or DK2M??

Hey guys, it's a toss up between these two and i just wanted some opinions.
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe
    If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Dk2m all the way. If you have sharkfin inlays, then you need binding! my 2 cents...
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I'd take the DK2M in a second but then again I don't like V's.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I agree with the Sharkfin/binding statement. DK2M.

To feul your gas - here I am enjoying mine:

Comment

I am not a V guy either, and really not on a guitar with Sharkies without binding. I would rather have dots than sharkies if there isn`t binding. Good luck and pick the one that feels more comfortable to you!! Jack.

Comment

+1 on the DK2M.

I'm thinking about getting one myself.
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

+2.

I prefer Vs over strattish shapes, and I think the Rhoads is one of the coolest shapes ever...but I would also pick the DK2M in this case, for the same reason that NiL, Adam and Slayer mentioned.

1) The RR-3 (AND RR-5, AND KE-3, AND SL-3) should at least have come with neck/headstock binding. This IS the Pro series after all, and the neck looks cheap without it.

2) The black delrin inlays on the DK2M look way better than the dull fake MOP inlays on the RR-3.

I so wish they would make an RR5M...

Comment

+18. DK2M all the way.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

DK2M. It's a great guitar, at a decent price.
                  Cool pic, Adam.

Comment

both look way cool try both pic the best one and if your like me you shop on-line go with your gut

+1 on the neck binding comment
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

DK2M.... dinky body with Maple board and Black Sharkies

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                        DK2M. It's a great guitar, at a decent price.
                        Cool pic, Adam.
                        Thanks man - that was the first night I took the DK2M to a show. It's the perfect gigging guitar - rock solid, looks super-cool, sounds great, and it didn't cost very much!

If it gets damaged/stolen, it's easy and cheap to replace.

Comment

First off, I am a die hard V guy. Strat body is not even on my radar at the moment. But out of the 2 choices you listed, the DK2M is the one I'd take. Badass good looks and quality that can't be beat for the money.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

DK2M. The RR3 isn't a bad guitar by any means, but rosewood fretboards can vary so much in appearance, and the MOTO inlays with no binding look cheap. Plus, the DK2M is simply the coolest Jackson import in years!

Infinity +1.
                            sigpic

Comment

I bought this 3 weeks ago after several trips to my local shop comparing a RR5 and a USA Soloist. Plays great,sounds great excellent fit and finish. I'm happy with my choice.
                              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                              RR1 Black
                              RR1 Blue ghost flames
                              Stealth EX
                              Hamer Studio
                              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Working...
                              X