RR3 or DK2M??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but i just wanted to say thanks to all those who helped me make my mind up.I went with the DK2M. It plays and sounds GREAT. If i had a camera i would post pics but unfortunatly i dont. SO......THANKS GUYS!!!
    Congrats, man! I'm glad we steered you right. The DK2M is the coolest Jackson import, IMO.

I recently went and goofed with mine a whole bunch. I think it turned out pretty cool. I'll post pics in a day or so.

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Given that there is no binding on the RR3 I would vote for the DK2M. If the guitar has Sharkfins, it needs to have binding, otherwise it doesn't look right to me. That has been the biggest reason why I pass on the RR3. I'm sure if in 2001 the RR3 had binding I would have got that instead of the DXMG.

These look like a nice addition to the DK2M:

I tried to keep it inline w/ current RR3 specs, except for the 24 frets, EMGs & no pickguard/rear routed on some of the models. Generally I prefer no pickguard on the RR. If they came w/ only 22 frets & pickguard I would still pick one up.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

That trans black one looks killer. Doesn't look like trans brown like most of the trans. black Jacksons do
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

The more I look @ them, then more the pickguards don't annoy me on the solid finishes. Kind of breaks it up a bit (gives depth, etc, etc.)
            Vintage pinstripes & the trans finishes are my favorites.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
            X