Professional Soloist - too much $$$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Soloist - too much $$$?

There's a local shop where I take stuff that needs major work that I don't have the skills/tools to do myself. I took in one of my MIJ Charvels for some fret work and saw that the guy has an early 90's soloist for sale.

2 hum, vol and tone pots, 5 way blade switch, root beer-ish color, real MOP sharkies, creme binding on neck and headstock. It says professional on the headstock (duh) and "soloist" on the truss rod cover. Looks in fair shape, some wear from play (pick swirls, bucklerash), but in pretty damn nice condition.

Thing is, the guy wants $925 for it! I was thinking maybe $650 tops. What do you guys think, is he asking too much?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I assume that is canadian $?
    In that case, I'm not sure... in US$ that would be too much, no doubt.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yep, that's Canuck Cash.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

925.00 CAD
        =828.296 USD

Still high

Plus, it's been modded....IIRC all sharkied Soloist Professionals from that era were H-S-S (except for archtops). The blade switch is also a clue.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          925.00 CAD
          =828.296 USD

Still high

Plus, it's been modded....IIRC all sharkied Soloist Professionals from that era were H-S-S (except for archtops). The blade switch is also a clue.
          +1. plus, that color. never seen an early pro in a color like that

Comment

I bought one for $275.00 but that was a helluva deal !!!

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
              I bought one for $275.00 but that was a helluva deal !!!
              You fucker!

Comment

I bought my Soloist Pro for $400US, and then proceeded to spend another $400 on a new bridge pickup and a GMW refin. On one hand, that's a lot of money to mod a used guitar, but on the other hand, it's one of my nicest guitars and plays like something far more expensive.
                sigpic

Comment

I can't understand why some people might pay such big bucks for a PRO when USA's are going for $1k regularly on the bay - surely its worth saving up that bit extra.

I can't comment on the difference but I'm sure when it comes to selling it the US model is going to hold its value far better.

Comment

Working...
                  X