Dinky reverse professional identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky reverse professional identity

Sorry for making a new thread as the topic might be discussed 1000 of times, but anyways:

Reverse headstock with "professional" written on it, 2 humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 volume, piranha inlays, 24 frets.
    And the main thing: the serial number is 761256. For me it seems to be strange for a Japanese one. Need help, what is the model? Thanks!

Were there Professional series with piranha inlays, ever? I thought they ended the official "Professional Series" written on the headstock in the mid-late 90's, whereas the Piranha inlays were like 2000 or later. If there were Piranha inlays in the 90's then I must be out of the loop and someone smack me.

Comment

Post a pic of it.
      That's one strange guitar you have there.
      The serial is weird too... it should be 96xxxx. Never seen one that started with a 7 before.
      -Rick

Comment

Here are the photos:

Comment

Those are sharkies, not piranha's.
          Early 90's Dinky Reverse.
          The serial number still has me confused.
          Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-04-2006, 11:28 AM.
          -Rick

Comment

where's ron when you need him........
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Strange the first year you see the UV Black finish on an ash body is 1996. Maybe they swapped necks too as the reverse Sharkies appear on the DR3 and there was never a DR3 with a UVB finish. They only made the UVB finish from 1996 to 1998 according to the catalogs.

Looks to me like you've got a 96-98 DR5 Dinky reverse body in UVB, with a DR3 neck of any year (whatever the years they came with reversed sharkies (maybe all of them?)). That's my 2¢

Comment

Looks like the DR2 body, but the DR2 has chrome hardware. The DR5 came with that finish and with black hardware, but never came with reverse sharkies to my knowledge (always had the offset dots). The DR3's were the ones with the reverse sharkies, so my above theory still holds water for now.
                Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 10-04-2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Well I ruled out the DR2 as thats 25.5 scale 22 frets. You either have a 1 off DR3 that slipped through the cracks with a unique finish not listed for any year in the catalogs, or like the above proposed DR5 body / DR3 neck. That said it's a nice looking guitar and one that I would want eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                    Well I ruled out the DR2 as thats 25.5 scale 22 frets. You either have a 1 off DR3 that slipped through the cracks with a unique finish not listed for any year in the catalogs, or like the above proposed DR5 body / DR3 neck. That said it's a nice looking guitar and one that I would want eventually.
                    Yeah, that kinda stuff does happen. I had a JRS-2 that had a painted headstock from the factory. I think if he checks the neck heel and pocket for stamps he will get to the root of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                      Can't be a DR5 body... it's got a blade selector instead of the toggle selector like the DR3. I'd say a one-off DR3.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                        where's ron when you need him........
                        Sleeping!

Looks like everybody else has this covered pretty well!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

amazing information you guys retain over the years
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

dude, this is the number 1 resource for Jackson/Charvel information. And if we don't know, we'll make it up!
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks, guys. The owner says it's DR3, but not really sure about that. Still, I'm puzzled with this serial number. Any ideas about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X