King V age by serial, please..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V age by serial, please..HELP!

I've bought a used jackson king V professional std and I have a serious problem identifying it's year of production.
    It's absolutely similiar to this one:
    This domain name is registered and secured with Crazy Domains, a world leader domain name and web hosting provider.

except for the fact that mine's black.

It's serial number is as follows: 215160
    I've only figured out it's from japan..

Please, help me!

90 + the first digit of your serial number = Production year Which is 1992
    This was up till 96-97 I guess. They changed the serials then...

nice guitar, and welcome to the board
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

thanks a lot. I hope this is the truth, as I actually faced few theories about serials of this kind before i got here but 1992 sounds ok

Comment

Let's hear the theories and see a pic, newb!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well.. the theories were that jacksons made in japan had serials starting from 200000 - that's why i know it's from japan actually.. what made me confused was an example of a number with a 9 in the front and 1989 as the production year. Everything else from this source was about a letter J and C in the front, which i don't have.

Other theory differed in the matter of the year ranges and one other theory was that I should try asking here :] You know what? it worked

I don't have more pictures, but as soon I get my camera fixed I'm going to share them and show you my black beauty. We really get on together well now, after a year together, so I guess she wouldn't mind :>

Comment

You can always saw it in half and count the growth rings... :P
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I guess that would be how old the tree was i could use C14 carbon method :P but it involves radiation and I'm not shure if it's accurate enough

Comment

Well, cool, thanks for that, it was interesting arcadia. You came to the right place. King V Stds are very common, I was just going through some old posts and I came across a thread where I stated "eBay is lousy with these" Try the search engine, you'll probably find it!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X