DK2M Red Ghost Flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M Red Ghost Flame

Anybody see one of these in person yet? Looks pretty killer (matching headstock too :-), but according to the description, it has a DD instead of an actual Seymour Duncan in it. Is this correct or is MF just lifting the description from the DK2? The Jackson site doesn't have a description yet that I could find. Very killer looking guitar, just not sure about the price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mes?sku=512249

The description is erroneous in several respects. It makes reference to neck and middle pickups for this 1H guitar, rosewood fretboard with ivoroid binding, etc. I have not yet seen the guitar, as it is not to be available until 10-06, but I'm anxious to see it.

Comment

See this thread for more infos:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58441
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The DK1M is now in stock and ready to ship (I know, it's called a DK2M on the site, but I think my title is more accurate, since it's a 1H version)

. . . and, I just ordered mine! I'll let you know what it's like when it gets here!

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          The DK1M is now in stock and ready to ship (I know, it's called a DK2M on the site, but I think my title is more accurate, since it's a 1H version)

. . . and, I just ordered mine! I'll let you know what it's like when it gets here!
          Your title doesn't take into account that the DK-1 is a USA model though...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I was associating the 1 or 2 to the # of pickups, but I guess that's not the way J/C does it. DK2M it is, then. Or maybe DK2M-LE?

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I was associating the 1 or 2 to the # of pickups, but I guess that's not the way J/C does it. DK2M it is, then. Or maybe DK2M-LE?
              Whatever the case I'll be looking forward to seeing it!
              I'd love the RGF finish over what I have (Crimson Swirl) but the guitar kicks ass either way and I couldn't afford to pay that much extra for the ghost flames.
              Oh well... Enjoy that axe!

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I actually bought a Crimson Swirl when the DK2M first came out, and I loved that finish. But when they announced a 1H in RGF w/reverse headstock, I sold it and started saving for that. I know the additional cost for the RGF 1H version is high, but this model is almost exactly what I had always planned to order someday from the Custom Shop, so I just couldn't pass it up.

Comment

you should look at the picture of the guitar and look at the name on the PUP which from what i can make says its a SD
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I actually bought a Crimson Swirl when the DK2M first came out, and I loved that finish. But when they announced a 1H in RGF w/reverse headstock, I sold it and started saving for that. I know the additional cost for the RGF 1H version is high, but this model is almost exactly what I had always planned to order someday from the Custom Shop, so I just couldn't pass it up.
                    It's actually pretty close to what I'd order from the CS if I had money... the differences would be green ghost flames instead of red, and possibly XTRR instead of dinky (I'd be happy with either really)... I'd be ok with one hum but might prefer H-S Perhaps when I get a real job and start making money...

Comment

Yeah, I'd opt for a few changes, too. I'd get the same guitar but in a Soloist (neck-through) w/Ebony board, Abalone inlays, and frets 21-24 scalloped, with an OFR and a white Evolution pickup.

I already have the Evo to swap in, and I suspect the licensed Floyd will suit me fine, since I have never had a problem with any of my other J/C licensed Floyds. The neck-through part doesn't matter that much to me, since it has a nicely scalloped heel and lower horn, and Maple w/Black sharks would be my 2nd choice after Ebony w/Abalone, so I think this will be close enough to satisfy me.

Steve, I actually just got an SL2H in Green Ghost Flames, with Abalone inlays. When I get my digital camera working, I'll post pics of both (should have the DK2M by then).

Comment

I don't like the maple board with that color scheme. Ebony with no inlays would be badass.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, I'd opt for a few changes, too. I'd get the same guitar but in a Soloist (neck-through) w/Ebony board, Abalone inlays, and frets 21-24 scalloped, with an OFR and a white Evolution pickup.

I already have the Evo to swap in, and I suspect the licensed Floyd will suit me fine, since I have never had a problem with any of my other J/C licensed Floyds. The neck-through part doesn't matter that much to me, since it has a nicely scalloped heel and lower horn, and Maple w/Black sharks would be my 2nd choice after Ebony w/Abalone, so I think this will be close enough to satisfy me.

Steve, I actually just got an SL2H in Green Ghost Flames, with Abalone inlays. When I get my digital camera working, I'll post pics of both (should have the DK2M by then).
                          I'll look forward to seeing those!
                          I bet that SL2H is just sexalicious.

Comment

SL2H w/abalone inlays

Steve,
                            I got the DK2M RGF today (I started a thread on it), and if they all look like this, you're better off with your Crimson Swirl. The flames are just about invisible. I posted some crappy pics in the other thread. Here's a pic of the abalone inlays on my SL2H GGF for ya, though:

Comment

Steve,
                              I got the DK2M RGF today (I started a thread on it), and if they all look like this, you're better off with your Crimson Swirl. The flames are just about invisible. I posted some crappy pics in the other thread. Here's a pic of the abalone inlays on my SL2H GGF for ya, though:
                              I thought I didn't like abalone much (abalone dots on strats are way cheesy IMO), but that is freaking SWEET

Comment

Working...
                              X