New user, New Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user, New Warrior

Hell-ow. Am i am new here, altrough im not new to Jackson guitars. I bought a used Warrior a week ago, and i need some info. I would like to know how old it is and where it has been made (hope it is Japanese). The serial number is 9698216. The pickups are too "dark" for my taste. I really want some brighter sound, so i need advices on some good bright sounding passive humbackers. I will soon change all the hardware with some better stuff, but i want to start with the pickups.

Tnx!

Welcome!!!! I don't know much about Serial number dating, but it's pretty safe to assume by the 9 at the beginning of the number that it is indeed from Japan. Pics would help too.

We're a good bunch here, and quite a few know things about Jackson guitars that would make the CIA look silly!!!!!! LOL

**Warning tho, some of us have a Twisted sense of humor.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Hello, and welcome!

It is japanese, but that's about all you can tell from the serial. If Ron drops by, then he may be able to give you a guestimate of how old it is.

Do you know what model it is? How about a pic?

Comment

Tnx for the warm welcome. This is my 3rd Jackson, and i regret selling the previous two. the first was a lower budget japanese kelly, than a great black wrmg (damn me for selling it!), and now i bought back a warrior because the shape is absolutly the best there is. See it by yourself:

It is a trans red XT. i will change all this chrome stuff with black hardware (already started, see the tuners. I also hope some day i will get a neck with reverse headstock. it is just too kickass not to have it.

Comment

Nice axe bro!!!!! It's gonna look even more badass with blacked out hardware!
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Welcome, nice axe. Good to see another Warrior too.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

This is the pic of my ex, with emg 81 and 85, and shaller string locking tuners.

Comment

May I ask why locking tuners on a floyded guitar?
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

It may sound useless, but i wanted the best tuners i found around. This were the ones.

Comment

This is che cause of my nick: (this knob is now on its 3 guitar)

Last edited by skull; 10-05-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome, skull! Cool name, cool Warrior!

Your newest is a 2003 WRXT
                      Made in Japan
                      Alder body w/ Flame Maple Veneer
                      Rock maple neck
                      Trem is a JT-580
                      Stock Pups are Duncan Designed Detonator HB

I love the Warrior shape also! (I have a white Warrior PRO)
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Tnx RacerX!! That is what i was hoping to read.

Comment

Skull Welcome aboard, Great looking Guitar. Warriors RULE!
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by skull View Post
                            This is the pic of my ex, with emg 81 and 85, and shaller string locking tuners.

good hard shell case. who's it made by?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Another Slovenian! Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X