Slsmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slsmg

I don't know if this thread will be a violation of rules so if it is then please remove it or let me know and I'll delete it.

I have a friend that's wanting to buy my SLSMG. It's one of the first run models (satin black, ebony board) that I've upgraded to a real EMG 81/85 set. The guitar hasn't seen much playing time but I advertised it on here before and when I went to take pictures I dropped it and put a dime sized chip in the finish. I repaired the finish myself and while from 10ft. away it's not even noticeable, the satin black is impossible to match so there is an obvious "flaw" in the finish. I also have a Jackson HSC that is perfect to go along with the guitar.

I just don't know how much to ask for it.......I see them go on Ebay for a range...usually anywhere from $450 up to $800 or so.

What do you guys think I should ask? Guitar + HSC.

anyone?

Comment

yeah this probably is a violation, but what the heck,........
      I would have to compare it to a present day new slsmg that comes with the 81/85 "upgrade" already installed. Did a quick search and they go for @$1000, but you could probably get them from a dealer on here cheaper. You'd then have to reduce from there for its being used and whatever cosmetics issues it has.
      karl

Comment

I don't think it's a violation--you're asking for info, not trying to sell it here. For what it's worth, I'd guess the guitar is worth about $600-650, since the satin finish is fairly common. If it's in beautiful condition you might get a bit more for it. Doubt it's worth $800, since you can basically get a new one for that.

Comment

400-500 used market for the satin black. especaily with a finish flaw.
          Gil

Comment

Working...
          X