Kelly identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly identification

I have recently purchased a Jackson Kelly XL Professional. It has 24 frets, a bound neck and headstock, mop sharkfin inlays, a Jackson made licensed Floyd, 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, and 1 Gibson style pickup selector. There is no neckplate, but the serial number on the head stock is J003348. It is purple.
    Scott

pix?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Umm, you already identified it... it's a Kelly XL.
      Professional = Japanese.

I used to have a Kelly XLR... same thing but reverse sharkfins and headstock.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

heh, I guess I meant identification as far as year, any other info that might be interesting

I'll try to get some pics up later today. It looks very nice with the white binding on the neck and headstock.
        Scott

Comment

Those were made around 94/95, I've got a black one that I'm thinking of selling actually.

Comment

I guess those were built between 1994-1995.

Check Henrik's site

Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

This page from the 94-95 catalog has the specs:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome. I always forget about those catalog scans.

The camera plug is missing. As we just moved to a new place it's probably packed away in a box somewhere. I'll look for it tonight and get a picture of Kelly with the Predator.

Oh, and wouldn't the J0 part of the serial mean it's from 1990? Or is that only on the Rhoads?

And in case anyone is interested, it was $200 with the original hardshell case, which is a monster. It's gotta be close to 3 feet wide.

Here's a pic from the site of the store where I bought it: http://www.triplerguitar.com/item--J...-kelly-xl.html
                Last edited by Spivonious; 10-09-2006, 10:26 AM. Reason: added photo link
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X