Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else prefer dimarzios over duncans in thier jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skull View Post
    tnx toejam. let`s compare prices. in my coutry one emg 81 costs a little less than 100EUR, it would be something like 120$. how about there?

An EMG 81 in the USA would go for usually $99.00. And Dimarzios will sell usually for about $70.00. Hope this helps.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

tnx toejam. let`s compare prices. in my coutry one emg 81 costs a little less than 100EUR, it would be something like 120$. how about there?
      That sounds cheap. From a swedish retailer it's usually well over 100 EUR.

I just checked out the price of an 81 from the biggest music store chain here: 127.08 Euro. Ouch. This is why it often pays for us to buy from the states directly.

Comment

Damn, 130 eur is really too much. And you get the imput jack that is of no use with some guitars (like the warrior), so another 20 eur...

Comment

Skull
          Duncan JB and Distortion are good for what you want. Proper Metal with those. Duncan custom is good too but the above 2 are better for what you want.

Comment

Another vote for the X2N/Super2 combo. Love this setup over the stock Duncans

Comment

to you guys that like the X2N did you ever hear of the X2NB?
              it is a X2N with even more output and has more low end
              i think chuck from death used these
              it is actually a bass pup but many metal guitarist used them
              most vicious pup ever'
              more output that live wire duncan metal pups!
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I just got another EMG 81/85 set today and was going to throw them in my Charvel Star, but I can't seem to do it now. Damn, I hate changing my mind!
                I took the Duncan Custom 5 out of the bridge because it was too scooped in the mids, put in a DiMarzio Tone Zone, I really like it matched up with the Jazz in the neck. I guess I'll need to get a new guitar to put the EMGs in with the PA-2 preamp booster I've got laying around. I think I need an SL2H anyway.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                  I'm a Dimarzio fan so I tend to prefer most guitars with them over Duncans.
                  Each has it's place, but I find most Duncans to be muddy to my ears.
                  +1 Same here. And in a lot of cases the Duncans just seem to be low output to my ears. I have many of both DiMarzios and Duncans, they all have their place.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

ok, ok, it will be the X2n.

Comment

Damn, 130 eur is really too much. And you get the imput jack that is of no use with some guitars (like the warrior), so another 20 eur...
                      Get the Zakk Wylde set from anywhere in the States for $199, you shouldnt pay more than $99 each for either the 81 or 85.

Comment

Working...
                      X