DK2M RGF has landed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M RGF has landed.

You might have noticed the lack of an exclamation point on that title.

My DK2M RGF arrived today. And I hate to say it, but I'm underwhelmed. You can just BARELY see the ghost flames. I thought it was a plain red guitar when I pulled it out of the box.

Since my digital camera is dead, I took these pics with my MacBook's built-in camera, and I know, the pics suck. But you know what sucks worse? They are accurate. This is what it really looks like. The flames are almost exactly the same as the base color. You have to turn the guitar in the light to see them. Here you go:

Here's the headstock:

I am really disappointed. The shapes of the flames are beautiful, the layout of the guitar is perfect (1H/1 vol, locking trem, reverse headstock, black hardware, 24 frets, etc.), and the quality of the workmanship is excellent. And BTW, I like having the base color be a shade of red instead of black, but not the SAME red! I would have liked it if the base color was Black Cherry, like the old Model 6 color, or some other DARK red, but these flames are just about impossible to see.

i see what u r saying, but I think it looks fantastic
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Wow. That is kind of disappointing. It looks like the ghost flames on the Gibson Les Paul GT - very faint. I dig it, but I see what you mean.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Gotta agree with Jacksonite. It looks great. Try turning your amp up to 11...that seems to help a lot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
          i see what u r saying, but I think it looks fantastic
          +1

As I'm not a big fan of graphics, I think that the subtlety of the flames is an improvement over what you may have been expecting. But that's just me, Jacksonite, and livebiz

Did you buy it from somewhere that has a 30 day return policy or something like that?
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

It looks good to me, but never expect import graphics to look as good as the USA graphics.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I guess thats the whole point of ghost flames, but Id like them to stick out a bit more too. Its a good thing that guitar wasnt the blue ghost flame because Id have one knocking on my door step any day now!
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

hmmm. that looks suspiciously similar to a GMW I've seen......

I think it looks alright. I prefer RGF with a black colour though.

Have you seen Vic's NAMM Soloist in the Gallery? It's red-on-red and the flames are really subtle too. I haven't seen the guitar in person, so it may not be as subtle as your DK2, but there's not a huge difference between the flames & base coat
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, I do have a good return policy to fall back on. I was just really stoked about this guitar - and it is great in many ways. I don't want to knock on it too much. I'm just surprised that they made the flames so subtle.

Good call on the Les Paul GT comparison, GrandTurk. I thought that, too.

I'm glad that some people like it, and I really hope it is a good seller for Jackson. Oh well. Maybe I'll just look for a used SL2H in RGF.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    It looks good to me, but never expect import graphics to look as good as the USA graphics.
                    I gotta agree. If you go in onan import graphip with high hopes, you'rll probably be disapponted. Damn, I am fukin drunk.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

In the picutre on the MF site the base color looks much darker. You can always send it back if you are not happy with it.

Comment

quicksilver, I really like this/your played down version of a HRF. Beautiful and classy - and just enough flame to make me turn my head and look again. Very cool DK2M.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks for being our guinea pig!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see what you mean, ghost would suggest just that a hint of the flames...if you are not happy send it back and get something else... the headstock looks good, but the body well it might as well be one colour.

I said it before you guys work hard and save to get the best and if you really are not happy change it, i do and that goes for anything!
                            Last edited by 24seven; 10-13-2006, 04:22 AM.

Comment

i'm forced to agree - get a refund. that's almost as bad as the trans-black finishes on the 2004/05 MG series. i'm so glad they re-did them for the 2006 versions.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X