DK2M RGF has landed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
    I gotta agree. If you go in onan import graphip with high hopes, you'rll probably be disapponted. Damn, I am fukin drunk.
    From what little I've seen, I rather like the import EDS better than the USA ones... the USA looks way darker and very small and needly.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if they're charging $400 more, the "import graphic" defense doesn't work.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah, I will send it back, and I'll only be out shipping, so that's cool. This really isn't a Japan/USA quality issue at all. The workmanship - including the paint - is great. All Jackson has to do is pick a darker base color, like the color they formerly used on the USA RGF Soloists. Maybe they will change it as they continue production.

Comment

I like it personally. I especially like the DK2M with the painted headstock.

Comment

That does suck that the base color doesn't contrast more. How did the import EDS come out better than the subdued USA version yet this comes out weak?

The Chlorine PC3 I had was like that - looked great in direct sunlight but was a bit too dark indoors. I think Jackson needs to get a formula together to reduce the density of the paint on trans finsihes according to figured-top thickness, and they definitely need to correct this RGF issue.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I love it! That's a true "ghost" flame, unlike most guitar paint jobs I've seen. That subtle color difference makes it look very classy.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I agree with Mark, that looks great and like a real ghost flame. But, it's your guitar and if you're not happy you have every right to send it back.

Damn that looks cool.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Basically, what you have there is a red DK2M with a single hum and matching hs. I don't like it.

There is a world of difference between the pic on MF and the actual guitar. I wouldn't expect a flawless graphic on an import but I'd expect a helluva better job on a special edition that costs significantly more than the base model.
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I actually like the fact the flames are faint
                    i prefer that to the ones that stick out like a sore thumb
                    it looks classy the way it is bro, that is a sweet guitar!
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I'm on the fence with this one. I guess I would have to see it in person. Go with your first instinct. If you don't like it, return it and move on. I experienced something similar, but different with my Fender YJM. The first one I recieved had some subtle paint flaws. I had it a week and decided to return it. The 2nd one I received was perfect. In this case it may be a paint formula problem like what has already been stated.

Go with your gut.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks like a VERY nice guitar but wow... for 400 bucks more you'd expect a little better contrast in the ghost flames...

Comment

for 400 bucks (£250), i'd say that'd be a good price on a re-fin, as i've been quoted more than that in the uk. however, likewise, i'd be expecting a good result.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I wasn't happy with the blue ghost flames DK1 I had. I also thought the flames were too faint. They looked really nice in photographs, but in person, the flames were hard to see. So, I sold it. But I think the DK2M looks good. Again, it's probably the pics that make it look better, and it probably doesn't look as good in person, eh?
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

The headstock looks better in the pic than it does in real life. The body pic is pretty true-to-life, as long as you have it angled like that.

Comment

It just looks like a DK2M in Inferno red... just a bit of flames. The "original" red ghost painting is imo much better.
                                Last edited by .MarVin.; 10-13-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X