No announcement yet.

DK2M RGF has landed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$400 more for that? Maybe if there are few buyers for this these will be heavily discounted... What I want is that guitar in the stock DK2M finishes for the same or a little less than the DK2M price, due to there being 1 less Seymour Duncan pickup.

Jackson would have a winner on their hands if they kept the price comparable to the DK2M. Unfortunately, if this thing doesn't sell, I hope Jackson doesn't equate the 1hum reversed headstock version as the reason it isn't selling as opposed to the $400 upcharge.

Comment

matching headstock!!! why cant jackson do that on allof their models

Comment

I NEED that neck
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Yep, don't like it. I'd love a reverse headstock 1-hum though!!! I was really thinking of buying this guitar before I saw the pictures. I love the USA RGF finish. Guess I'll be looking for a white DK2M now. Anyone want an slsmg??

Comment

I would have send it back too.. it looks nothing like this:

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Send it back it doesn't look like the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                I love it! That's a true "ghost" flame, unlike most guitar paint jobs I've seen. That subtle color difference makes it look very classy.
                +1

I've never understood Jackson calling them ghost flames when they're not, in the traditional sense. The first ghost flames I ever saw were years and years ago on a bike. The ghost flames were simply clear coat with some pearl mixed in. So they were the exact same color as the underlying paint job. Some people will mix up the color slightly, but a ghost flame is supposed to be hard to see.

On the other hand, that's not what Jackson has been selling as a ghost flame, and you should get what you see in the pictures. Your money, you should be happy.

Comment

i actually think the guitar is a perfect example of how a ghost flame should look, and it looks killer IMO. the one pictured on the site just looks like a regular flame job to me.

Comment

I think it looks great, but it's way different than the picture, so they should accept it back for that reason, but why didn't they just make that guitar in a solid color that more people would like?!?!?!?
                    Last edited by tanpsi; 10-14-2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                      It's a lot different than the picture, so they should accept it back for that reason, but why didn't they just make that guitar in a solid color that more people would like?!?!?!?
                      And it would have been $400 cheaper... Cmon Jackson, give us what WE want...

Comment

I like that a lot...I think the more obvious flame graphics look too much like squid tentacles.
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          hmmm. that looks suspiciously similar to a GMW I've seen......

I think it looks alright. I prefer RGF with a black colour though.

Have you seen Vic's NAMM Soloist in the Gallery? It's red-on-red and the flames are really subtle too. I haven't seen the guitar in person, so it may not be as subtle as your DK2, but there's not a huge difference between the flames & base coat
                          It's quite ironic that your guitar resembles two of mine.

I can see why you are dissapointed, the guitar you got looks nothing like the picture, which looks like my GMW, which has a killer graphic by Dan.

What you got does indeed look similar to my 87 NAAM Soloist, on which you can be forgiven for not noticing the flames on it, they are hard to see like yours. The one difference is the name. In the trem cavity of my Soloist, it lists the "graphic" as "transparent ghost flames", and transparent they are. Your's was meant to be red ghost flames, in the tradition of what used to be offered on the USA Select line.

It's still nice looking, but not what you exptected. It's a very bright, light red too, I was expecting it to be darker all round.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                            i actually think the guitar is a perfect example of how a ghost flame should look, and it looks killer IMO. the one pictured on the site just looks like a regular flame job to me.
                            You'd have to see a proper jackson style Ghost Flames graphic to understand it. There a layers in the flames of different intensity, it's not a solid type of flame graphic at all, like Hot Rod Flames.

In Jackson speak, the guitar he got has Transparent Ghost Flames, but what some view as what Ghost Flames should simply be.

Comment

quicksilver, does it have the lower bout scoop as pictured?

What would be most frustrating about this is tha he can send it back, but he's not going to get the guitar pictured, which is what he wanted. All he'll get is his money back and no correct guitar to take it's place.

Comment

Working...
                              X