Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson Kelly ID?

Hey guys

Need help on another ID. Grover Jackson Kelly... Silkscreen "Grover Jackson" on the headstock, bolt neck with serial 9665356, neck and head binding, Grover Jackson pickups and licensed trem.

Bad pic here:

What is this roughly equivalent to in terms of the normal Jackson line? Would the sharkies be MOTO?

Cheers!
    Last edited by slash-ed; 10-14-2006, 03:01 AM.

Seems equivalent to the Kelly XL.
    Ser# is around '99-'00.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sharkfins look like MOTO (atleast in that pic).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Ser# is around '99-'00.
        Thanks, Ron. I'm not too familiar with the XL - didn't it have MOP. Nazgul's right, it looks kinda like MOTO from that crap pic.

However, i'm being offered it for a pretty sweet price so might go for it anyway...

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is an archive of catalogs for the Japanese market.

I own a middle of the line Grover Jackson Soloist, and it's my main guitar at the moment. From my experience, Grover Jacksons are excellent guitars, but because the brand name was phased out, music stores here are dumping their stock at ridiculously low prices.
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

On that note, and straying slightly off topic - I haven't seen any NASLs on the Japanese websites recently. Was the model dropped?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                But the XL didn't have a tone control.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Newc-

The NASL is still up on the jacksonstars site, so I would assume that it hasn't been discontinued.

It looks like this shop has them in stock:

Last edited by QuantumRider; 10-14-2006, 08:43 PM.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Cool. I forgot about 34music, but then $1500 is a bit high for me, though that trans blue regular Archtop SL is purty
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X